• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Salsa stopped accepting only one brand of SIM

Hi,

This is a strange one. I am in India and we have Vodafone, Airtel, Tata Docomo, Reliance, BSNL etc as telecom providers. My wife and son uses Tata Docomo.

My wifes phone conked off and my son offered his HTC Salsa till it was fixed. I took out the sim and put my wifes sim in it. The phone kept saying " insert sim". I took her sim out and put back my sons sim back and now it was not recognising that one also.

And then we found out that the phone works on any other sim except Tata Docomo. We went to the Tata Docomo shop and the guy there was as confused as us. Airtel, Vodafone all gets recognised in the phone. My wifes and sons sims are okay because those works in all phone except my sons Salsa.

Any idea what is going on? is this a software corruption? I have written to HTC and am awaiting a reply. Today being Saturday, I dont think I will get a response till monday evening.:thinking::thinking::thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones