• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC screwed up my Desire

fahadchaudhry

Oct 13, 2009
Three weeks ago, my phone started shutting off automatically, rebooting and then getting hanged (I bought it in end of May, so I hardly had it for a month).

Called HTC; they took mobile from me and kept it in their repairing center for two weeks.

Today I got it back... and I'm shocked what HTC has done to my phone..."MENU" button has become hard to press..."OPTICAL TRACK-PAD" is not properly inserted; when I move my thumb on it from left to right, I feel it scratching against my thumb...a deep scratch beside power button.

I lost my temper badly because I am going to pay for this for next two years and in its first month, software kept on crashing...then HTC treated it so badly...

Worst yet, HTC sent a statement of two pages, on which they described actually what happened and how they did everything and on that page in "Problem Section", they described the problems (which I told them when I registered my complaint initially) and apart from original "Software" problem, second problem they wrote was " Defective Navigation/Action Button/Touch Pad/OTP"...what the hell is that?...I never told them this...God knows from where they came to know about this and tried to fix this and actually screwed up everything.

Now I called them back and told this situation. They promised to get back to me in 48 hours and said that they would take the phone back and try to sort it out.

Have lost all confidence in HTC.

Today I got it back... and I'm shocked what HTC has done to my phone..."MENU" button has become hard to press..."OPTICAL TRACK-PAD" is not properly inserted

I had to get a replacement for my first Desire and have been disappointed with the new one, because the search button doesn't feel very nice to press, unlike the rest of the face buttons, and the optical track pad isn't centre aligned and is as far right in the hole as possible so you can see a gap around the left side. My first Desire didn't have either of these problems and the frustrating thing is the replacement wasn't necessary in the end to resolve the issue I was having.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones