HTC Security

Last Updated:

1. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So from what I gather.... The root wasn't really hacked... but there was a pre-signed rooted HTC dev image that happend to float down the river to us? Like the 2.1 Leak?

Or did I just misunderstand the XDA post where the dude slayed a dragon, walked into HTC Taiwan and walked out with PB00IMG.zip on a flash drive?

Is it me or does HTC have some serious Security holes? Most companies more than one person would be fired for shit like this, it wouldn't happen a second time >.>

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

It happens with almost every big company...even Apple. If you have a few thousand employees, one can get a copy of a tester build and send it out.

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Hard to stop someone from loading a 100mb file onto a flash drive or *gasp*, a microSD card on a phone with *gasp* full internet capability and.....

yeah.

I'm more surprised that we don't have MORE inside info on what's happening. Very loyal employees, as far as I can tell.

4. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I have to agree! If Microsoft employees were nearly as loyal as HTC we'd be in trouble.

Edit: Maybe HTC pulls a Steve Jobs...spreads false rumors and then fires the employee(s) who spread that rumor.

5. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

Exactly :)
    But you know that Microsoft and HTC tolerate XDA because they get ideas from them.
    Some of the greats like Chainfire and Noonski have had apps like Wifirouter pretty much copied by them....
    So they let us play with their stuff and get a huge giant group of Beta-Testers for free....
    Its a Win Win as far as I see it :)