HTC sensation 4G root help!!!

1. rsil123

rsil123 Member

So im a total noob when it comes to rooting, always wanted to do it but never understood it. I understand there are risk's but my contract ends in 2 months. But here's what im running:

Android version: 4.0.3
    HTC sense version: 3.6

I was looking to root it and run a custom rom that would make my phone similar to the galaxyS3 or The Note 2. but then again i don't even know how to do all that. Someone please help me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi rsil and welcome to AF. I moved your thread to the all things root forum.

I'm not familair with your phone, but if you check the All Things Root Guide sticky at the top of the forum you can probably find a lot of info you need.

Good luck! :)
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

in a nutshellmyou need to unlock the bootloader thru htcdev. you can stay htcdev unlocked,if you realize it has special requirements for rom flashing. becoming s-off will also let you superCID,wich is an excelent idea with a world phone like the sensation.

more info here:
    http://androidforums.com/sensation-...0-s-off-hboot-1-27-basic-info-back-stock.html

it looks like a lot of steps,but rest assured if you take small steps its not that bad

after youre rooted,you can install offical cm9 nightlys for ICS,or unofficial cm10 for jellybean. there are lots of choices to make your sensation into a google experience,AOSP device :)

just holler if you have questions :)
    rsil123 likes this.
  4. rsil123

rsil123 Member

omg, thanks bro!! can you explain how i install anything like that cm9 nightlys for ICS one? simply please. I already told you im challenged when it comes to stuff like this. and can you also link me to the one YOU think has that GalaxysIII or note 2 feel. thankyou! your awesome.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

have you allready unlocked and s-offed? those would be the first steps.

go to the link above,and follow the directions in the htcdev unlock link. if you have trouble there,post in that thread and we will help you :)