HTC Sensation - No Service // X on top of signal bars?General

Last Updated:

1. Cathaoir99

Cathaoir99 Member

Hey :),

I was browsing the web on my HTC today, everything was fine. I went to download a song from a website and then for some reason it seemed to have lost connection to my service provider. Messages wont sent, mobile internet doesn't work ect?

Any one have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

This is a little strange indeed... it sounds like the phone may not be making contact with the SIM card. It may sound a little silly, but you could try putting a thin piece of card behind the SIM card to force it up to the contacts on the phone to see if this resolves it... try it and let us know! :)
  3. Cathaoir99

Cathaoir99 Member

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I've had no joy with that. It is saying "limited service", but theirs literally no service what so ever. Its been like this all day and i have been in various differen't places!
  4. D-U-R-X

Have you been able to speak to your carrier to see if they know of any issues?
  5. Cathaoir99

Cathaoir99 Member

It has randomly started to regain signal again. I have a feeling the problem will persit though. I think it may be the change from 3G to Wifi and vise versa that may trigger it.
  6. D-U-R-X

Very strange... I've not heard of this sort of thing before, but I don't own the Sensation... perhaps someone who does have one could shed some light?

How long have you had the phone? It could be worth trying to get it repaired under warranty if it persists?
  7. jdjimen3

jdjimen3 New Member

I am having the same problem... I do not know why it is acting like this but I was wondering if you ever fixed this problem?
  8. Finbarr

Finbarr New Member

I've been having the same problem, and it has become a big problem.

Trawling the net, I found a thread on the vodafone site, but relating to the OneX which state's the same symptoms:

When I lose signal due to area, it will stay in that state even when back in a good area. The only thing that gets it connected is switching in and out of Airplane mode. Then all ok, until out of srea again.

Before this, its signal strength has been poor for ages compared to my work Nokia on the same network (Orange). Just put the SIM into my old Desire, and signal is much better.

This is very annoying as when waiting for a call you dont always notice its changed its network state.
  9. floriotyler

floriotyler New Member

You need to go into mobile data settings and click on network mode and if it is on automatic that is what gets the x above the signal bars so change it LTE/CDMA I had the same issue and it fixed mine