HTC Sensation - Random RebootsSupport

1. CBladt

CBladt New Member

Hello.
    Some weeks ago my phone started doing some random reboots. It became more, and more frequent, and in the end it rebooted like 3 times an hour.
    I have tried resetting the device. First time in the settings-menu. That didn't help.
    Then i tried reset with the "volume-buttom-method", it worked for some days. But today, it started again. And now it reboots about 3 times an hour - again.

In Advance, thanks for your time and help.
    Casper Bladt

Advertisement
  2. mardum

mardum Member

Hey.
    It happened to me too, maybe not that often, but I fixed it by replacing the battery.
    Evo 3D batteries are compatible and the capacity is bigger.
    I recommend you get one of those.
  3. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

A common cause of this is that the phones battery stops making contact with its terminals as the phone is moved. Try taking the battery out and giving the terminals on the phone and battery a good clean. And then try wedging a thin piece of cardboard (or plastic from a cut up credit card) between the bottom of the battery and the phone to try to push it further towards the terminals. Or, as already suggested try changing the battery.

All have been found to work, to a greater or lesser extent, but I would suggest you start with the first two as they won't cost anything. ;)
  4. mardum

mardum Member

I tried cleaning contacts and placing some thin stripes of duct tape on the bottom of the battery to push it towards the contacts. At first it seemed to do the trick, but restarts/turn-offs came back soon.
    Replacing the battery did it :)