• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc sensation vs htc one x

kcbuds2

Oct 11, 2011
Ok so I was searching google for a compare review of the standard HTC sensation against the one x and could find one anywhere.. yesterday I received my one x and thought I would get a compare thread started for anyone else who has had both.

I will give my opinions and hopefully people who have or had both phones will add theirs too.

In a nut shell I would say the only real reason to upgrade to the one x is if you want a bigger screen,better audio and better looking/lighter phone.

Even though the one x has a quad core processor you really can't tell much difference.. still only runs at 1.5ghz (same as sensation xe) I'm not sure if it the ICS update but when deleting text on YouTube search for example it skips letters and doesn't let you put the cursor back to the end which is soo annoying!

Also as you all probably know you can't change screen when on YouTube without the video/audio stopping, I read on a forum a while ago this was because the processor wasn't powerful enough, but yet the one x has a quad core and still can't manage to stream audio in the background !?

The screen on the one x is a very nice size, the look and feel is also great, it feels more like you are holding a tablet pc.
One x comes with Beatsaudio ( so does the sensation xe) and does sound great! I can't come off YouTube!

After using the one x for a few days I have experienced a few crashes and the "white screen" but saying that it happens with all HTC's..

Some more down side's - can't remove cover or access battery which is absolutely stupid IMO as the battery is terrible (as all HTC batterys are!) So we can't replace it with a better longer lasting battery like the Anker one's.

Can't expand the memory! But it has 32gb why would you need more ? That's not the issue with me its more the fact I can't swap sd cards which contain different media.. and of course filling that 32gb will slow the phone down A LOT.

Overall the one x is a great phone! But is it worth upgrading from sensation ? Of course if its for free but paying extra 2-3 hundred.. not sure.
Bare in mind ICS is still in early stage and I personally don't like it.
Feel free to add to this, just thought I'd get the ball rolling :)

Reactions: spongybob
I would say a lot of.things but how in the world do you think filling up the 32gigs of ram is going to slow down your phone one single bit? That storge is RAM Not a hard drive or SD card. Please explain to me how you feel that topping off that 32gigs of storge is going to slow your phone down. As far as comparing the two phones most will say your insane and have lost your mind , I mean look at it , its new. But at the end of the day I would bet that your shell,homepage,desktop whichever way you want to put it is probably the same on your new phone as it was on your old. Same widgets,icons etc. Same apps installed ,same mp3 imported over but wait you lost your ability to swap a SD cards in and out on the new phone so well that sucks. That also means that when u go to root you will be using your usb internal storage which isn't a great option either. You got a better screen and CPU. That's about it. The rest rest will come in with other stuff aswell like how bad the sensation sucks etc but the sensation has a massive devs support to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones