• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sense 2.0 Custom Skins

After downloading the files. Go to astro and find the file and click on it. It will give you 2 options, select open app manager. Then select install.

It will only work if it is an .apk file. Some of the themes I downloaded were .bin files. For those you need to rename them. Just long press the file and select edit and then rename and switch the bin to apk. Then install like the others.

Upvote 0
After downloading the files. Go to astro and find the file and click on it. It will give you 2 options, select open app manager. Then select install.

It will only work if it is an .apk file. Some of the themes I downloaded were .bin files. For those you need to rename them. Just long press the file and select edit and then rename and switch the bin to apk. Then install like the others.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Awesome post!

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a skin that would end up looking something like this with the gray and bad@$$ clock. Or how to do it?

I dont have my TB in hand (on the fedex truck right now!) and thisll be my first android phone, so if its something easy to do then sorry for the hassle!

I do realize this is a free app that I can download that allows one to change between sense/motoblur/ and other customized screens, but from what I've read its not compatible with everything that normal sense is, which is something I don't dig.

Would a skin like the ones posted in this thread have any of these issues?

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Awesome post!

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a skin that would end up looking something like this with the gray and bad@$$ clock. Or how to do it?

I dont have my TB in hand (on the fedex truck right now!) and thisll be my first android phone, so if its something easy to do then sorry for the hassle!

I do realize this is a free app that I can download that allows one to change between sense/motoblur/ and other customized screens, but from what I've read its not compatible with everything that normal sense is, which is something I don't dig.

Many thanks

I would love to know what that clock widget is!

Upvote 0
Awesome post!

Many thanks

I forgot about this one I've had. It's pretty similar and looks pretty slick.

wp clock full - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

I'm missing something here, when I go into Astro, find the file, and click on it the screen just says "file type not found."

When I long press it will let me "Details - Open as - Edit."

There isn't an option to install anything.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm missing something here, when I go into Astro, find the file, and click on it the screen just says "file type not found."

When I long press it will let me "Details - Open as - Edit."

There isn't an option to install anything.:thinking:

It probably saved as a .bin file. When you long press it Click edit, then rename. Switch the .bin at the end to .apk then try clicking the file and you should be good.

Reactions: AustinTech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones