HTC Sense & a new Micro SD cardSupport

1. thesoloist

thesoloist Member

I have an HTC Sense with a Transcend 2GB Micro SD card. I wanted more space, so I purchased a Patriot 16GB Micro SD card, but the phone will not read it. Is there a limitation on the size of the Micro SD card? If not, what am I missing? Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Is the card formatted fat32?

There is no such limit unless its a really old phone, pre micro sdhc.
    thesoloist and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

First of all, welcome to the forums!! :D

Do you mean you have the HTC sensation?

I ask because sense is the name of the overlay that HTC puts on every device.

If you can confirm your device name i will move this thread over to your device specific forum where you can get specific help from other people who have the same phone as you
    argedion and thesoloist like this.
  4. thesoloist

thesoloist Member

I do not know if it's formatted. I have an adaptor to USB2.0 that came with it. I copied all of the my files to it with no issue, but phone doesn't recognize that it's there. If you advise on steps to take, I will follow.
  5. thesoloist

thesoloist Member

It shows "sense" everywhere. Not sure if it's the sensation. It's an HTC 4G MyTouch for T-Mobile.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. thesoloist

thesoloist Member

Now I can't read the 16GB through the USB2.0 adaptor. Any ideas?
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Unplug the USB (Leaving the card in it) and plug it back in. See if windows wants to scan it for errors.
    thesoloist likes this.
  8. thesoloist

thesoloist Member

I've unplugged it and plugged it back in several times. If I use the adaptor with my old 2GB micro sd, it recognizes it. Nothing with the new 16 GB... I'm lost...
  9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

Make sure you have a copy of your files on the computer.
    Put the new card into your phone and go to settings look for SD Storage and then look for Erase SD card This will allow the phone to format the card and it should pic it up and recognize it to make sure things are going to work try to take a picture and see if it stores it to the card. If it does then you should be good to go

I've seen this a few times and the suggestion has worked for them
  10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Moved this to the myTouch 4G forums. And as argedion said if you format the card in the phone (back it up first) then it should work properly for you...if it doesn't I would hazard to guess you got a faulty SD card.
    argedion likes this.
  11. JamesClark987

JamesClark987 New Member

Put your card in memory card reader and connect it with you PC, now check whether its working properly or not? if no, then there is problem in your card.