• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense - always reloads

reemas

May 31, 2010
Hey I just did a factory reset and am still having this issue. Every now and then maybe like 5+ times a day, when I load an app and jump back to the home screen I see a little "loading..." sign. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds and sometimes 70-90 seconds.

Anyone know how I got this or what it is? I am not using an app killer.

By the way, I just noticed that a white screen that says "HTC" in green comes first, then the loading pop up appears.

Hey I just did a factory reset and am still having this issue. Every now and then maybe like 5+ times a day, when I load an app and jump back to the home screen I see a little "loading..." sign. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds and sometimes 70-90 seconds.

Anyone know how I got this or what it is? I am not using an app killer.

By the way, I just noticed that a white screen that says "HTC" in green comes first, then the loading pop up appears.

Something is crashing Sense... Most probably an App.... I know it is a pain but what apps do you have installed?

Upvote 0
I think its either a 2.1 or a sense issue, maybe a combo of both.

I am having the issue on my Hero as well and Ihate to hear that I may have it on my new EVO that is OTW. =(

I had the official sprint 2.1 unrooted first, then rooted and deleted bloatware, then flashed Aloysius ROM OC, then the same ROM but non OC and ALL of them have this reloading issue.

It isn't a complete phone reboot tho just a UI reload and it is pretty annoying.

**edit** Also I never used a task killer until I got to the non OC rooted version.
So in 4 different versions of how I ran my phone, 3 of them didn't use any kind of task killer and I still had this problem so that can't be it =(

Upvote 0
I think its either a 2.1 or a sense issue, maybe a combo of both.

I am having the issue on my Hero as well and Ihate to hear that I may have it on my new EVO that is OTW. =(

I had the official sprint 2.1 unrooted first, then rooted and deleted bloatware, then flashed Aloysius ROM OC, then the same ROM but non OC and ALL of them have this reloading issue.

It isn't a complete phone reboot tho just a UI reload and it is pretty annoying.

**edit** Also I never used a task killer until I got to the non OC rooted version.
So in 4 different versions of how I ran my phone, 3 of them didn't use any kind of task killer and I still had this problem so that can't be it =(

I hear ya but I never had this issue on my Hero and have not had it happen once on my EVO either. I don't root or load ROMs. Which leads me towards an App... Which a lot of the times it is

Upvote 0
I hear ya but I never had this issue on my Hero and have not had it happen once on my EVO either. I don't root or load ROMs. Which leads me towards an App... Which a lot of the times it is

Yea it very well could be, task killers might also be guilty of forcing reloads.

But, even if it is, there is definitely something else causing it as well. I never had the problem on my hero until 2.1 hit..now no matter what I do it won't stop.

Although I did read somewhere that using a ROM w/o sense UI fixes it, but I like sense UI...stock android is hella boring.

Upvote 0
Yea it very well could be, task killers might also be guilty of forcing reloads.

But, even if it is, there is definitely something else causing it as well. I never had the problem on my hero until 2.1 hit..now no matter what I do it won't stop.

Although I did read somewhere that using a ROM w/o sense UI fixes it, but I like sense UI...stock android is hella boring.

My Hero runs great on 2.1... I wonder if it is an App that hates 2.1?

Upvote 0
i just did the factory reset. my phone was clean. i used it for a bit without problems. i then downloaded the swype installtion.

i DID NOT install swype, just downloaded the file. but when i pressed home from the downloads window, sense took a minute to reload my home screen.

i mean what now? help please!

Upvote 0
i just did the factory reset. my phone was clean. i used it for a bit without problems. i then downloaded the swype installtion.

i DID NOT install swype, just downloaded the file. but when i pressed home from the downloads window, sense took a minute to reload my home screen.

i mean what now? help please!

Maybe download SystemPanelLite (Market) and run that.

Top of initial screen are three pie charts. Tap it.

1. What cpu usage are you showing, average?

2. What sort of free memory are you showing?

Try to monitor for before / after Sense reload, if possible.

Reactions: reemas
Upvote 0
That happened to me today - constant rebooting. Took it to service center and they did the hard reset - still had the problem. Finally they ordered me a refurb. one for delivery tomorrow.

But, went home and played with it - took out the sd card and it did not reset anymore. Tried inserting several times and it started to reboot again. I ewven erased all the data on it - still no luck.

Put the original 2 gig card that came with the phone back in and that worked great!

I had the sd card (16 gig) in there for about 5 months with no problems before this.

Upvote 0
That happened to me today - constant rebooting. Took it to service center and they did the hard reset - still had the problem. Finally they ordered me a refurb. one for delivery tomorrow.

But, went home and played with it - took out the sd card and it did not reset anymore. Tried inserting several times and it started to reboot again. I ewven erased all the data on it - still no luck.

Put the original 2 gig card that came with the phone back in and that worked great!

I had the sd card (16 gig) in there for about 5 months with no problems before this.

You've had an EVO for 5 months?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones