• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sense anyone?

cruiser771

Sep 10, 2010
Huntington Park, CA
ok so its not the real Sense UI, but the Sense look :). I've seen and used several different Sense themes and packages floating around, and put the best together. I can't claim credit for the widgets, but I did modify the dock image from another package which was nearly perfect but had the arrow incorrectly facing down. I also created a special dock with a layer of transparency for the LauncherPro screen indicator, which i think looks kinda cool although it doesnt run along the top curve like the real Sense one, but I have no control over that. So these are all new docks which I haven't found anywhere else. If there's a better package out there, please post it, but I think this is as close as its gonna get. I wrote a detailed set of instructions as well, so it should be easy for anyone to understand them.

HTC Sense Theme

Update 1/4/11: Redid the docks (except the low res dock) in the package, the changes are very subtle, but its even more like the HTC dock now. If you downloaded it before 1/4/11 (about 50 of you), you can get the new dock here. the difference is mainly the curvature of the dock, its not as narrow on the ends now. nothing big, but it bugged me so i fixed it, Enjoy

Update 1/6/11: ok redid the dock again, you can download it here or get everything at the main link above. its the best so far but comes at a price.... it requires a dark background to look good. This is because of some anti-aliasing issues i had, as im not a photoshop pro, and is probably why the original dock i started with completely cut off a portion of the top curve. so on a light background, you will see dark spots along the top of the curve, but looks great on most backgrounds. ill try to make one that's optimized for light backgrounds. heres a comparo between all the docks in the zip, and the real HTC dock.

animated_docks.gif

1st image (6:24 on clock) - dock with narrow ends, but still looks good
2nd image (6:28) - dock is a little fatter on the ends
3rd image (9:07) - dock has the gray line at the top, but wont look as clean on a light background for reasons mentioned above
4th image (bright background) - a screenshot of the real HTC Sense

Looks neat. Does the theme have any other sense based widgets though?

No, it's just the clock and the dock. Launcher pro has similar widgets and screen previews like sense. I just thought id make it easier to get these items together, and avoid some of the other, cheesy looking docks I've seen, and help end searching for a flipclock. If there are any other widgets that are similar to those on sense, please post them up.

Upvote 0
just came across a free app called LockBot, you can use this to get the Sense lock screen. its real simple, just install the app from the market, open it and go to "My Themes". click on each theme and delete it, keeping only the "Hero" theme. this is to prevent the other lockscreens from showing up, as it will randomly choose one. You can then customize it to get it exactly how you want it. According to some of the comments, you might encounter having to unlock your screen twice (lockbot, then standard lock screen), and definately if you have your password protection on. I personally haven't encountered this issue except when the password lock is on

Lockscreen.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones