HTC sense calendar question

Last Updated:

1. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There's probably a really simple answer to this that will make me feel very blonde, but never mind.

On the HTC sense calendar, I've got recurring events, eg a shift at work every Thursday, but every so often I want to delete one of these. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete single instances, I only get the option to delete all events or all those recurring events. Is there any way to just delete that one thing?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

Just tried to replicate what you are trying to do, looks like there is no way to delete a single event in a series - you might try doing it from google calendars, and then syncing it to your phone??

3. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Changes to a single one of a set of multiple events is one thing that has *always* bugged me in almost every bit of software I have ever used from Sidekick many years ago, through Palm Desktop and Outlook and now Google Calendar.

It's also one of the reasons I HATE Google Calendar. With my Blackberry syncing with my Outlook, I could just CTRL-C an appointment, then CTRL-V paste it into the following week, the one after, etc, and click and drag and move individual entries. There's no way of doing this in the mess that they call Google Calendar. And there's no reliable way to sync an Android phone with Outlook.

Rubbish.

4. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

That's news to me, since I manage to do it every time I plug in my Hero!

5. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there's something different between the Telus Hero and what you're using, or if I just don't understand, but I can delete one event in a recurring series no problem.

If I go to delete the event, I get three choices - Only this event, this & future events, or All events.

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Hero syncs with outlook perfectly.

7. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I am getting missed contacts and appointment notifications messing up using HTC Sync and my T-Mobile G2/Hero. It almost works but there's *just* enough problems for me to be not entirely happy with it.

Overall I am thinking it's better that it's 95% working and I am using the functionality of Outlook over the awfulness that it Google Contacts/Calendar but I just hope that it will be developed to be bug free and include notes/task sync as well.