• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC sense clock freezing

surfologist87

Android Expert
Jul 27, 2010
behind you
Title says it all.
Im running Myns rls4, no task killers or anything (duh :) )
It happened a couple times last night, and once i woke up it was back.
I reboot and that seems to fix it but it comes back. Im not sure what to troubleshoot to fix it, any ideas?

Edit: Clicking on the clock or weather, takes you to the clock and weather applications, and they work fine.
The clock is just frozen on a time.

Also, i just long pressed on the clock, and removed it, and after i deleted it, its still there :thinking:

let me know. that is really odd. I think the only thing I have had remotely close to this was a clock and battery widgets locking up because a task killer was killing them
It was.
Anywhoo i cleared data and force stopped and rebooted. It seems to be back to normal for now. Hopefully it behaves itself.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Alrighty. The problem is back, and i have screenies.
This has happened 4 times in the last two days. Im not sure what actually fixes it, but some series of deleting and re adding the widget and reboots figure the problem out.
But its getting annoying.

Here is the clock, notice it froze and the current time is in the taskbar.
5405029465_78a47afd48.jpg

SO... i delete the clock widget, and this next picture shows whats 'underneath'...its still there..
5405029671_52ff077dda.jpg

When the widget is 'froze', i can turn the screen on and see the clock flip and the weather animation, but nothing changes. Im very confused.

I have a dark clock flashed over Myns rls 4. I have never had this problem in the months that i have been using Myns 4 with this black flipclock until now.

Upvote 0
What did you clear data and force stop already? Have you tried clearing data and cache for the Sense launcher? Try this:

1) Install a different launcher temporarily. Anything will do, just make sure you're not using Sense.
2) Go to the Sense launcher in manage applications. Wipe data and cache (if not grayed out).
3) Reboot into recovery and wipe cache/dalvik.
4) Boot up normally and go back to the Sense launcher. Set up your widgets again and see if it happens again.

NOTE: This will wipe out all widgets, icons, and any other Sense launcher-specific settings.

Upvote 0
What did you clear data and force stop already? Have you tried clearing data and cache for the Sense launcher? Try this:

1) Install a different launcher temporarily. Anything will do, just make sure you're not using Sense.
2) Go to the Sense launcher in manage applications. Wipe data and cache (if not grayed out).
3) Reboot into recovery and wipe cache/dalvik.
4) Boot up normally and go back to the Sense launcher. Set up your widgets again and see if it happens again.

NOTE: This will wipe out all widgets, icons, and any other Sense launcher-specific settings.
I wiped and stopped just the clock. Havent tried doing that to sense yet.
Ill give it a try, thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
I did it, and i put everything back together. Ill give it a few days and see how it works. Its really random problem though.
I wondered if it could have anything to do with the updated clock i flashed, but ive had it for months and only had the problem start about a week ago. Which was after i wiped/reflashed rls 4/reflahshed clock mod. So if it doesnt work ill run over to Myns thread and see if i can get some input on what might be up.

Upvote 0
I did it, and i put everything back together. Ill give it a few days and see how it works. Its really random problem though.
I wondered if it could have anything to do with the updated clock i flashed, but ive had it for months and only had the problem start about a week ago. Which was after i wiped/reflashed rls 4/reflahshed clock mod. So if it doesnt work ill run over to Myns thread and see if i can get some input on what might be up.

Just out curiosity, have you been flashing any mods made for RLS5? I have to wonder since you're still on the older RLS4. I don't *think* any of those flashable clocks depend on the version, but still... What exactly did you flash? I know that's not stock.

Upvote 0
It actualy did it again, and i have the stock white clock on now.

Here is an interesting point. When i long press the clock and remove it, in that one picture, it is still partly there.
NOW... i just long pressed and removed a couple of app shortcuts from the home screen, and after i moved them, there was still the same thing "underneath".
After i threw 'People' away, there was still 'People' underneath, and clicking it worked. Why would there be two shortcuts stacked on top of each other and how the heck could i fix that?

Im contemplating wiping the device and reflashing myns rls 4. Itll be a pain, but *hopefully* will solve it. Any idea if it possibly wont?

Upvote 0
It actualy did it again, and i have the stock white clock on now.

Here is an interesting point. When i long press the clock and remove it, in that one picture, it is still partly there.
NOW... i just long pressed and removed a couple of app shortcuts from the home screen, and after i moved them, there was still the same thing "underneath".
After i threw 'People' away, there was still 'People' underneath, and clicking it worked. Why would there be two shortcuts stacked on top of each other and how the heck could i fix that?

Im contemplating wiping the device and reflashing myns rls 4. Itll be a pain, but *hopefully* will solve it. Any idea if it possibly wont?

Did you wipe data when you originally flashed RLS4? If not, (or even if you did), I think you're on the right track with wiping and starting clean. Also, just wondering, is there a reason you're still using RLS4?

Upvote 0
I did wipe data, its definitely done every time before a new rom. I was trying to avoid wiping the phone so i think im going to reflash the rom first. Im guessing its one of my mods that i flashed over isnt playing nice with it. I have a few (lockscreen/dialer, titlebar, rosie, 5 column app, etc) maybe ill try one at a time until i see whats up.

And i use rls 4 because i like swype 2.15, which is my beta, and some other things on it. It was all working perfect and i like the battery life, so until it breaks i wasnt going to fix it. (I was really going to just get around to it when i had a few days to get it running smooth, but as for now my kernel rom combo has made me happy)

Upvote 0
No sir. I wanted to not wipe data and just do a reflash of the rom. I was trying to avoid wiping data.
I thought that if you are reflashing the rom you didnt absolutely have to wipe data.
I dont even care anymore, im going to have to just work on that tonight after a few drinks lol.
I just hope i dont flash some mod thats causing this and bring it right back.

A friend just let me know he is having a similar problem and i rooted his phone and same rom and everything

Upvote 0
No sir. I wanted to not wipe data and just do a reflash of the rom. I was trying to avoid wiping data.
I thought that if you are reflashing the rom you didnt absolutely have to wipe data.
I dont even care anymore, im going to have to just work on that tonight after a few drinks lol.
I just hope i dont flash some mod thats causing this and bring it right back.

A friend just let me know he is having a similar problem and i rooted his phone and same rom and everything

Yeah, normally you don't have to wipe data, as in it won't cause you to be in a worse state that you are now, but it could be that you need to wipe data to get a clean slate to fix your problem. Unfortunately, it's what I'd suggest at this point. Just make a nandroid backup. If I'm wrong, you can just go back to where you were :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones