• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sense.com faulty

bull. There are loads of phones out there already. If HTC didnt release them, who did?!?

If there are some problems with an early batch I would say HTC are fixing the problems as live faults as we speak. They will probably just delay the remainder until main issues are ironed out via an OTA fix. They wouldnt want the publicity of releasing a phone thats a dog, so they say they are unofficial. How the heck did they leave their factory then??? There is a lot of control over how and when makers release new tech, esp when there is a deal with major players signed up.

Upvote 0
The phone has been released. It's available from several dealers and it's announced on the HTC website.

I know there are serious stock shortages and not all suppliers have stock yet, but it's certainly been released.

The HTCSense.com issue is just one of several bugs I've found so far. There are a few faults with the Desire HD that have appeared already...

Upvote 0
Such as?

Now I've fixed the proximity issue I don't really have an issue with mine (that I know of).

HTCSense.com, most features don't work including phone locator and messages.

Pictures take forever to load in Gallery.

Phone has occasional slow downs and freezes. I've had to pull the battery once to get it back.

Occasionally fails to install software from the market, just sits there and waits until you force close the market and start it all again.

Upvote 0
Pictures take forever to load in Gallery.

Phone has occasional slow downs and freezes. I've had to pull the battery once to get it back.

i've had a few htcsense errors too. one time my entire phonebook disappeared until i reboot, keypad has frozen a few times while i see the sync icon in the top corner... i'm sure it'll all get ironed out, but it's not 100% smooth yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones