HTC Sense.com

Last Updated:

1. eteyen1

eteyen1 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, if only I had just waited another 2 months, I coulda gotten the HTC desire HD!!!

Advertisement
  2. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

LOL an ogre with an accent.
  3. 8Ball

8Ball Well-Known Member

Now I'm really torn, I like the Desire HD and the Z, but I was looking at moving to the Motorola Defy as I wanted something a little more robust. Choices choices.
  4. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

HTCSense.com sounds good....
  6. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Wow those are some very nice updates.

And I still don't trust that Z-hinge :p
  7. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

i think one of the best feature from here is the ability to store maps on SD card so if anyone travels abroad could use it without any roaming data charges. just really wonder how it would be implemented and who would supply maps or just would store it as a region or country? hmm.. sounds really interesting
  8. bigtart

bigtart Active Member

The only thing I miss from my current Desire is Quad Band 3G. I don't understand why HTC don't make a version that supports all frequencies for worldwide use.
  9. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

New sense will come in a near future upgrade to complete the full Desire range placement
  10. sookster54

Wow, I don't suggest the Defy or any other Motoblur devices.
  11. araisikewai

araisikewai Active Member

I think the question wasn't about the new sense overlay to come to Desire (though I certainly hope it will), but would Desire users be able to use HTCSense.com cloud service?

Anyone in the know, plz... (I'm considering dearly to get Desire instead of these new products)
  12. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member

i heard that there might be a fee to pay to use the service though
  13. araisikewai

araisikewai Active Member

Hmm... guess not from what I've heard...
    HTC Sense.com: remote services for HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z | Electricpig

read the last line...

Anyway, this is perfectly makes sense of what HTC would do, how else would they fight the Apple giant AND gain tremendeous fanboy-ism loyalty?

By making their cloud service to be free would ensure most of their current users to loyally join in their next product line whenever it arrives.
    With the ease of use to sync contacts from this phone to the next one, that alone would have convinced most to stay with the brand.

I'd imagined Steve Jobs would be pissed and add another clause to their patent breach law process. (their same service -MobileMe- is a paid service)
  14. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

IMO htcsense.com just highlights what Google should be doing with stock Android but isn't. It would be so much more streamlined and convenient if these extra cloud services were simply a part of the existing Google cloud service we already enjoy, and would also ensure older devices get the same treatment. Something for Gingerbread perhaps?
  15. andyknights

andyknights Well-Known Member

Thanks for this...but...

I'm sorry to ask this, but I'd like to understand and be certain - are you saying that the upgrades to HTC Sense will be become available in the near future to standard HTC Desire owners (not Z, not HD - just a plain 'old' Desire!!)?

Do you know when, and do you know for sure?

These updates - FroYo, new HTC Sense, etc - it feels like an upgrade every time it happens - I love it! And I love my Desire..!!! (a bit sad I know...)
  16. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member

dang then that's pretty good then. just hope that it's compatible with the regular desire (i'd be surprise if it's not)
  17. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

All I know is new sense is designed for the ENTIRE Desire range. As to when, is up to HTC, and then your sp to provide it in a update.
  18. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Doubt we'll get it officially, why would HTC release 2 new phones and then just upgrade the old ones?

Not good business sense if you ask me...
  19. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

well it is when the Desire is a third option; if you don't want a keyboard or a large screen then the existing Desire is the one for you.

If htc opt NOT to update our version of Sense then they've effectively written it off. It makes much more sense to have all three Desire phones running 2.2 and the new version of Sense UI

The ONLY issue I see is that in order to store maps you'll need an SD card, whereas the two new Desire variants have on board memory.
  20. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

You have to log on to the website, I guess that getting a log on is part of the set up process on the new phones? We won't get access until HTC update our version of Sense (and we don't know for sure that's happening)
  21. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sorry Guys, 3 threads all on the same thing. I hope you don't mind but I have merged them.
  22. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

of course HTC won't release this for the Desire just yet. if they did, they'd never sell any HD or Z models.

it might come but it could take time...
  23. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

I saw some speculation as to whether the HTC Desire would be getting the new Sense found on the new HTC phones. Was any information found?

Also, will we be able to use HTCSense.com?
  24. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member

is this service up and running yet for the desire ?
    when i go to the page it asks for password , but seems no way to create an account :confused::confused:
  25. sookster54

Oh god I hope this isn't going to be another Motoblur.