HTC Sense constantly crashingSupport

Last Updated:

1. htmanning

htmanning Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Sense is crashing constantly on my EVO. It happens so much the phone is unusable. Multiple reboots do nothing to fix it. I had a couple of 3rd party widgets installed (Gmail count, and SMS count) so I uninstalled them. Now I only have the Clock/Weather widget that came with the phone on the home screen and Sense just keeps crashing. Force close, after force close, after force close. I will have to hard reset if I can't find a solution.

BTW, I've changed scenes to one of the stock scenes (HTC or Sprint) and it's still crashing. I boot up, swipe back and forth between panels, crash!

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. wolfman77

wolfman77 New Member

My EVO is doing the same thing. I'm thinking about resetting it but I'm affraid i will have to buy all the apps and music I have purchased already. seems like it happened right after the last update from htc. what is going on? this sucks.

3. mcnutty

mcnutty Well-Known Member

Hard resets are something we have to become comfortable with as we experiment with different apps and such on our phones.

4. htmanning

htmanning Member This Topic's Starter

Wolfman77 - Don't hard reset yet. I was having major issues so I deleted all the scenes I created and just left the stock HTC one's there. That fixed my issues. I think I had a scene that was corrupted by a widget. I recreated my main scene and haven't had an issue since.

5. HopeofCarter

HopeofCarter Well-Known Member

Could a task killer be causeing this? are you guys using one?

6. isosunrise

isosunrise New Member

HTC Senses crashes with too many app shortcuts?
    My EVO's HTC Sense has been crashing repeatedly with “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly” Using the "fix" in the link temporary works until I fill up everypage with apps again. I only have the HTC clock/weather widget. I have reset to defaults, slowly install safe apps, and as soon, checking to make sure no app is causing the crashes, but after I about 90% full with app shortcuts, it starts crashing again. Anyone else have this problem? I have reformated twice already and pretty sure it is not caused by a buggy app. I have since moved to launcherpro and no more crashes, but its annoying that HTC Sense would crash when fully utlizing the shortcuts.

FIX: “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly”

7. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

don't worry about that apps are stored with your google account

8. lgeek

lgeek Member

I had the same problem after installing some Jungle Wallpaper. It was still occurring after I switched to an HTC Wallpaper, but after completely uninstalling the Jungle Wallpaper the problem hasn't returned.

9. Crooze

Crooze New Member

I am having the same issue here. Rooted my Eris last night without any real issues (KaosLegendary ROM). I started messing with the SetCPU setting and things were fine (got it quite zippy, actually). Then I got a phone call and Sense crashed. I cannot do anything, since it crashes and I force close, and then it crashes again repeatedly until I just turn off the phone... The phone is worthless right now as far as I know.

I should say this is my first post and am definitely a noob (though I have had success tracking and troubleshooting on my own in the past)

SetCPU settings were:
    Main: 768/480
    Screen off: 480/245
    Failsafe: Temp 44.3 C / 480/122

Also, had installed a number of apps (Pandora, Dictionary.com, Epicurious, USA Today... and had some widgets running (weather, clock, news, pandora)

Any ideas would be great!

10. dkraft

dkraft New Member

INC here, crashing senseless.
    turned down my task killer to be less agressive and this problem stopped.

11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

12. felixmoran

felixmoran Member

Hi, my Hero has, for the last day, been geting the “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly” message, I've spent hours on the internet and have had no joy with any of the sugested fixes. I can't get into settings as my 'desktop' wont load, I cant search for it either, no matter how long I hold the search button down for it only brings the message again. I've tried reseting it through the boot menu, I dont think this is working because I can still see personal settings. I cant install LauncherPro because I need to change the setting in market to allow me to install it through a PC.
    Please if anyone has had this problem, or thinks they know somthing that might help, I will be so happy!
    Felix

13. Mohsee

Mohsee Member

omg, i have exactly the same problem. duno what to do with it either. :(