HTC Sense Crash / Loading IssueSupport

1. jimjeffcoat

jimjeffcoat Active Member

Yes everything I can possibly move to SD card already is. I have to go into manage apps every couple of days and delete all the data for the web browser, that gets rid of 3-4 megs and gets me by for a little while.
  2. Vlad788

Vlad788 Member

I'm gonna root the phone tonight. But before I do so is it gonna really make a difference? I would like to root the phone and keep it with the Cyanogenmod as well.. Is it possible to keep HTC Sense with the Cyanogen Mod installed?
  3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

No Vlad. CM is aosp android, or stock android, without sense. There are roms you can use that have sense without the loading issue. I am running one as we speak...
  4. Marq L

Marq L New Member

i called sprint several times and they act like this is an issue that they have never heard of..its very frustrating
  5. mikejeep

mikejeep New Member

Xelestial and kjjm like this.
  6. kjjm

kjjm Member

Thank you - this worked. No more Sense loading issue!
  7. Xelestial

Xelestial Member

My phone has been rooted since the day I got it back in June, and ever since I upgraded to Gingerbread (rooted), I've had this problem, but I just dealt with it even though it is entirely annoying. Finally, I come to try to fix this problem in October and I see this thread. It worked! Oh my gosh this made my Saturday, maybe even my week. I love Sense and it's one of the reasons I picked this phone over the Epic, so I'm glad I can keep using it without getting that damn loading screen. Thank you so much, everyone should know about this and furthermore, HTC should just release a fix for it! Unfortunately if you're not familiar with rooting and command prompt, it might be easier to just use another launcher.
  8. franzbrandi

franzbrandi New Member

Hi! I'm very happy someone found a fix for the Sense crashing problem.
    My device is a Desire Z running android 2.3.3. Is it possible to use the same fix described here? What are the risks? I don't want to make a mess, like phone no more working or something...
    Thanks!
  9. JasonDelta

JasonDelta Member

Wow, this worked like a charm! I haven't seen the HTC loading screen for 2 days, and I used to see it after only an hour's worth of use! Thanks!!
  10. steven how

steven how Member

I have the same problem as well,but how can i temp root htc desire z 2.3.3?so i can type in the command..:rolleyes:
  11. ks-man

ks-man Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue for my wife's phone and read somewhere the issue dealt with having less that 100MB of internal memory left available. I downloaded an App called something like PhonetoSD (can't remember exact name) and it allowed me to move a bunch of apps that were saved on the Phone's internal to the SD card. This freed up some memory and she now has about 150MB free on the internal memory.

After I did that I rebooted the phone and the loading when exiting an App issue disappeared.
  12. steven how

steven how Member

ks-man,u sure it works :eek: ?
  13. steven how

steven how Member

:eek: u sure it works? what do u mean by internal?ram?
  14. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

I have 140 megs of available internal memory and it still does it.
  15. ks-man

ks-man Well-Known Member

Thought I should come back and report. Her crashing stopped for a day and then came back so apparently that wasn't the solution...
  16. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

Honestly guys, it's just Sense. Not the memory card, not a leak, not a hardware memory issue, not being low on space. It's just Sense turning to crap upon gingerbread and Sprint is eating pie. Can't fix or won't fix, who knows. I've done and tested and played and edited. My personal conclusion is that Sense has issues with accessing data on SD, but again, that's not a card issue, you can buy 28937289 different sizes or bands, and it's just gonna be Sense each time. Just use another launcher. You can even make those launchers look and act like Sense if you like it that much. Save yourself some time and aggravation. Because apparently Sprint isn't going to fix this if they haven't by now.

Cheers!

PS if any of you were having issues with NoLock no longer working, that's Sense too. Works fine for me now using other launchers.
  17. 330D

I would have to agree with girlinblue. I recently flashed an aosp rom, and have not had one loading screen pop up since. I was running a custom sense rom before, based on the sprint gingerbread build. It was a very rare occurrence, but occasionally it would still get the loading spinning wheel deal. Sucks that this phone is a little beast, but has become the red headed step child of late....
  18. ks-man

ks-man Well-Known Member

I'm going to try switching to a different launcher to see if it solves the problem. Do people recommend LauncherPro or something else? To actually switch would I just download and install the other launcher or is there something else that I must do?
  19. sig sauer

sig sauer Well-Known Member

Just download & install " Launcher Pro." It will eliminate the " loading screen issues." I just don't care for " LP" and would rather deal with the annoying BS " loading" screen Sense offers.
  20. 330D

ADW is another launcher... I like it. works really well, and is completely customizable. Maybe LP is also, I haven't used it in a long time and don't remember.
  21. JasonDelta

JasonDelta Member

22. Having the same issue....people are telling me to get an Evo 4g as a replacement. Do you guys think it will fix the problem? I was told the Evo 4g does not have the newer sense on it. I don't know, but i'm tired of waiting for HTC to fix the problem. I don't want to root my phone (as of right now), but might have to do a temp root to fix the problem.
  23. Is there any news on the sense loading issue?
  24. mars6277

mars6277 Member

Its been a problem for so long, and this phone (sadly) isnt top of the line in regards to sprint like updates & such (though not bad either, just not priority i feel) i.m.o, youre better off just switching to a different program instead of sense. For instance (think i mentioned it a while back in this thread, err not this one sorry, it was one of the other many threads discussing this) but i went with go launcher, it was free in the market, it has some add ons that look at like sense, and i love it. I loved sense but couldnt deal with the NONSTOP reloading. And now i dont even miss sense. And REALLY dont miss the reloading. Other have mentioned other launcher apps but i only tried go launcher after reading reviews on a few different apps and its great. I downloaded it 'until sense was fixed'. Never happened. But i dont mind. Thats probably your best bet. Good luck!
    brokendreams20 likes this.
  25. slurp812

slurp812 Active Member

I've switched to GOlauncherEX, and haven't looked back. So call me SENSEless!
    brokendreams20 likes this.