• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense Facebook sync only for the contacts I already have?

phil35

Dec 22, 2010
I've had a good search, including looking at this thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/66032-sense-ui-facebook-contacts.html

But there seems to be contradictory information on this issue. I have my google contact list on my phone that I am very happy with (i.e. the only people I am likely to ring / text). When I sync with Facebook for HTC Sense it imports all 200+ contacts that I have on Facebook (most of which I never speak to)

I know I can hide Facebook contacts in the People app, but they still show in the Search People app and the Dialer and when I select a contact to send a message (if they have a phone number on their Facebook account). I find this really annoying.

I want just to be able to sync the friends I already had on my phone, and be able to use Friend Stream etc, but the data involves ONLY the contacts I have on my Google contacts.

Is this possible, or is it really an all or nothing decision (pretty poor if it is).

Thanks.

Also, a different issue related to Facebook for HTC Sense - I figure I may as well ask here.

Now I've synced, the most recent status appears underneath the name of each contact in the People app. However, on some of them, when I click on that person and go to the events / updates tab, it says "no updates". Obviously there is, as it has put it underneath the contact name on the previous screen. Any ideas how I could get it to appear in the events / updates tab?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones