HTC Sense failing in a loopSupport

Last Updated:

1. phil0446

phil0446 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My desire is in a death loop whereby the phone is unusable. It's not rooted btw.

When I start the phone I get a screen pop with the following:-
    The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

There is an option to force close, which when selected just brings the phone back around to the above screen pop.

Problem started last night when I switched scenes.

Any advice most appreciated as the phone as it stands right now is totally buggered.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

hard reset it

turn the power off. If your HTC Desire is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

Hold the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock

Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
    If you selected YES, all data including third-party a

3. pezzer

pezzer Active Member

Yes I got this too - I'm afraid a Hard reset was the only way out of it. I believe I had a dodgy Virgin Media scene (phone originally intended for Virgin Media but supplied for Tmob).

I didnt use the above method but it is probably easier - I had to repeatedly hit the search button, search for 'settings' and then do the hard reset but of course the Force close box keeps popping up which makes it tricky.

One upside is that my battery life has been alot better since I did it.

4. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Yes I've also had this problem after switch scenes. Battery out fixed it.

5. phil0446

Managed to download and run myback up pro, backed up data and apps.

Hard reset it and now operating fine.

A pain, but no disaster.

Thanks to all for your advice, much appreciated.

6. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

This has just started happening to me too, emailed HTC they reckon it may be because of the last update. Lookls like i'll need to do a hard reset, never had to do this so will I lose everything including apps?

7. phil0446

hmm, just switched scenes and its gone again!!!!!

Force close loop for sense....

Any clues please?

8. pezzer

pezzer Active Member

Was it the same scene as last time ? Perhaps it is corrupted in some way, when I did the H/R the scene that caused my problem had gone.

9. phil0446

well, I have arranged for it to be shipped back to HTC for repair as the unit is less than 3 months old.

Spent all day dicking around with it so enough is enough.

Gonna have to go back to my E71...shiver.

thanks anyway

10. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I found on mine that one of the widgets was causing a problem, I think it was one that I updated from the market but didn't actually replace it like it said to, once I did this it was ok again.

11. Bob253

Bob253 Well-Known Member

Same here with my HTC Desire. It was bought unlocked and SIM free from Play.com about 4 months ago now.
    Looks like it happened when I uninstalled WiFi sentry - needless to say I won't be using that again.
    My main problem is that I have to load all contacts and groups again, also I had a couple of 'bought' apps and wondering if I'll have to pay again - if i can remember which Apps they were!!

All in all, I'm not that pleased at the moment, my calendar can be reloaded from Google, but have to install all my wifi codes again and Google accounts.

Also after the hard reset, I can't get a 3G signal.

Quick edit,

forgot to say it just happened today

12. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

A hard reset should be as easy as putting your Google account details in and thats it, everything will be restored. I've only reset once and this is all I had to do, just make sure that all your contacts, calendar etc are linked to your google account. All of your paid apps will appear in the downloads section of the Market for you to download again, you don't have to pay again. Also, if you have set the phone to backup your settings to SD card it will remember all of your wifi settings too.

With regards tot he 3G signal, I've never had this problem but it could be something to do with your carrier.

13. felixmoran

felixmoran Member

Hi, my Hero has, for the last day, been geting the “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly” message, I've spent hours on the internet and have had no joy with any of the sugested fixes. I can't get into settings as my 'desktop' wont load, I cant search for it either, no matter how long I hold the search button down for it only brings the message again. I've tried reseting it through the boot menu, I dont think this is working because I can still see personal settings. I cant install LauncherPro because I need to change the setting in market to allow me to install it through a PC.
    Please if anyone has had this problem, or thinks they know somthing that might help, I will be so happy!
    Felix