HTC Sense force close issue

Last Updated:

1. hackyzac

hackyzac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys i'm having a pretty annoying issue that just started tonight. My phone died on me due to the awesome battery life of the hero, upon recharging it and turning it back on as soon as it starts to boot up it gives me the HTC sense force close error and won't let me go any farther. That's all it will do, i've tried turning it off and pulling the battery but to no avail..i've looked around on the forums here but haven't been able to come up with a solution.

any help? My phone is pretty much useless now

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If Sense is repeatedly force-closing i.e. it won't restart correctly after the initial fc then a 'factory reset' may be required. This will wipe all data on the internal memory, so ensure contacts and anything else you want to keep are backed up beforehand. Data on the external microSD card will be unaffected.

hackyzac likes this.
  3. cwhite22

cwhite22 New Member

I'm having a similar issue, but my phone at least boots up. It crashes randomly, my apps all crash, I cannot download new apps from the market, and everytime I try to go to settings it causes sense to crash. I've done a factory reset before (early on) but don't want to lose my contacts this time. How do I transfer my contacts to the SD card without an app? I don't have an import/export to sim option in my contacts menu...

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I thought there was an option to export your contacts somehow in the contacts app. (It's been a while since I've had HTC Sense though, so I can't say for sure).

How about backing up your contacts to your PC via HTC Sync?

5. cwhite22

cwhite22 New Member

I've tried sync even when my phone was working and for some reason it always fails.