HTC Sense Has Stopped Unexpectedly?

Last Updated:

1. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been getting this error near constantly the past day whenever I hit the Home button, and when the ui is working it's extremely slow to switch between screens. I can get the error near 100% of the time by opening an applicatio, then hitting the Home button. Then HTC Sense closes, sits at "loading" for a bit, then the phone is back to normal, albeit slow, till the next time I hit Home.

I had been running a live wallpaper of the Earth rotating in the background, and notice it rotates fine for about 3 seconds, pauses, then starts again, so something is eating up the processor I'd think?

I've uninstalled all recently installed applications. Stopped the live wallpaper. Stopped Locale. Stopped background sync, then turned it back on. Installed a task killer to see if there's a common element (none). Tried leaving the battery out for a minute.

Suggestions?

(Edit - problem solved, 'nevermind'. I removed all widgets and the UI started behaving. I added them back in one by one, and the culprit was apparently a battery monitor widget)

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Can you please share which battery monitor widget gave you issues, so others can avoid it?

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I just love thesev"self fix" posts. Just a great reminder about Android. Stay patient and you will find your answers. Great job diagnosing.

4. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

BatteryLife (all one word) listed as "by Android". I think I dl'd it after seeing it on someone's "Show your screens" thread. I don't want though to accuse it of being 'bad', but removing it seemed to fix my issues.

5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

I use Batterytime lite and have had no similar issues.