HTC Sense keeps Force Closing

Last Updated:

1. leugim321

leugim321 Active Member

idk what to do...the screen wont respond to anything.... and it just keeps restarting itself... and when it turns to the home page.. it always says htc sense failed... any help please

2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Have you installed any app recently that may cause instability? Have you got an up to date rom? Have you tried turning your phone off and removing the battery, then turning it on again?
  3. leugim321

leugim321 Active Member

i was actually trying to update 2 apps(might have to do with it) phone turned off while one app was downloading. this when everything went haywire. Im pretty sure my rom is up to date. and i have been taking out the battery. right now its sitting with the battery out
  4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Hmm, if the app had downloaded, and was in the installation phase when the phone turned off I wonder if that has caused the instability. Put the battery back in and see if the same thing still happens.
  5. leugim321

leugim321 Active Member

is there any possible way to turn off htc sense?
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Menu-Settings-Applications-Manage applications

Select HTC Sense, scroll down to "Launch by default" and select Clear defaults. Press HOME and when the option list appears select "Home" and you'll get the stock Android 1.5 UI. The option list will appear every time you hit HOME unless you set a default btw, even after a restart.
  7. agonzales805

agonzales805 New Member

Well, my android keeps foreclosing as well. When I was using the Text Free App it stopped and restarted by itself, and it just did that. and now it says, "The Application HTC Sense (process has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And I've tried just about anything. But if it doesn't work for me, it might work with you. Have you tried pressing the power button and volume down.? I couldn't get it to work with mine, but it might work with yours?