• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense Keyboard ?

Ok coming from Fascinate. How can I turn off the auto-correcting feature of the sense keyboard? Driving me MAD correcting things I type!!

Anyone using SWYPE?

I normally use Swype but there's a bug in the Messaging app that the input box is marked as the wrong "type" of input (maybe a URL?), and thus it doesn't auto-space. When HTC/Swype work this out, I'll switch back.

As for disabling auto-correct in Sense Keys, it should work if you turn off everything under Settings->Language & keyboard->Touch Input->Text input (Prediction, etc.).

I also recommend SwiftKey, but if you hate auto-correct, this may be the absolute wrong choice in your case ;-)

Upvote 0
Ya the stock keyboard is pretty bad. It feels so delayed and slow. The autocorrect really sucks too compared to some of the other keyboards out there. I use better keyboard 8 and have grown accustomed to it. Swiftkey is pretty good too.

How are you liking swiftkey, I was using the Gingerbread keyboard from the market but its a battery hijacker..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones