• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense not working after Froyo

I installed 2.2 the ligit way, searched for updates and asked if I wanted to download 2.2 so I did.

Now HTC Sense will not even start when I switch on the phone.

The phone starts and then says "loading..." and while it's loading it shows that lovely application error, normally you just click "force close" but application that's breaking is actually HTC Sense and the "force close" button is greyed out, then the phone restarts with the white screen and green HTC logo and then gets to the "loading..." part and then HTC Sense breaks again and the phone is stuck in an infinit loop,

Happy Times

I'd suggest all that can be done now is a factory reset. I may be wrong though. Lets wait for more answers as a reset will lose all your data and apps

But this is how you do it:

-From off, hold vol down and press power.

-You will be at the HBOOT screen. Use vol down to navigate to "recovery" and press power to select.

-At the red triangle screen, press vol up and power.

- Navigate to "wipe data / Factory reset" and press power to select

-Choose the option that confirms this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones