HTC Sense on Desire?

Last Updated:

1. dgoodwin123

dgoodwin123 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the noob question here, i've recenlty began reading up and getting my tech cap on in regards to the new generation of smartphones though.. Mostly from this site, thanks guys ;)

After constantly changing my mind back and fourth on what handset to get (its very draining lol) im now set on a HTC.. Unfortunately my carrier im stuck with here in Aus only offers the legend and the Desire HD when it comes out (2 weeks?)

Anyway im after a new business phone and the HD would be absolutley perfect but I have to go out on site occasionally and I just cant see the HD being a practical enough size to carry around comfortably :(

After almost deciding to cross to the "dark side" (iphone) due to my carrier offering it I came back to my senses or HTCsenses (see what I did there?? ;) ) i've decided to buy the Desire outright even though its going to put me out of pocket a few hundred $$$ more..

Here are a couple of questoins I have

1) Will all the HTCsence feature's like locations ect be available to the Desire?

2) Can "swype" typing be put on the Desire?

3) Could someone please explain to me in noob terms what "htcsense" is now that I think about it.. :| lol

Advertisement
  2. dgoodwin123

Anyone?..

3. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

1) Will all the HTCsence feature's like locations ect be available to the Desire?
    HTC

4. dgoodwin123

5. araisikewai

araisikewai Active Member

We're crossing our finger here.
    Well, seeing that the previous 'New' (2nd generation) Sense from Desire/Legend did trickled down to the Previous (1st generation) Sense in Hero, we have to hope that this 'Newer' (3rd generation) Sense to come down to Desire and Legend as well... especially Desire (it got the same name, if HTC withheld the Desire Vanilla Sense only in its current form, they'll have lotso dissapointed costumer..., errh guys from HTC do you read this?... :) )

6. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

SlideIT from the market is similar to swype.

7. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

The desire already has HTC sense on it, the HD and Z coming soon will get a newer version of sence that will be accompanied by the HTCsense.com services, we are hoping that it will also come to the desire.

a good swype alternative is 'swiftkey' by the way, but as said above, you can get swype beta on the desire.

sense is a home screen and launcher 'layer' that runs ontop of the vanilla android operating system. It changes how the phone looks and includes animations, custom widgets etc. like friendstream and the clock/weather widget you see on the centre homescreen. It also gives you 7 homescreens where as some android phones have as few as 3. You can run other home apps like launcherpro instead of sense if you like.