• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense Settings app

foster_426

Jun 26, 2013
I have a HTC One v with Sense 4. I noticed that when I go into the settings app, my RAM is sometimes lower than it normally is because of the settings app. I was wondering why on my phone the Settings app uses so much ram, but on my mom's phone (which has Android 2.3.3) her settings app only uses a few mb of ram.

I have a HTC One v with Sense 4. I noticed that when I go into the settings app, my RAM is sometimes lower than it normally is because of the settings app. I was wondering why on my phone the Settings app uses so much ram, but on my mom's phone (which has Android 2.3.3) her settings app only uses a few mb of ram.

Every phone is going to be different. Depends on Android version and what's running on phone. A sense rom will use more ram than a phone with basic Gingerbread rom.

The settings app on my Victory uses roughly 46mb of ram but can vary depending on which processes are running

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones