HTC Sense UI (force stop)Support

Last Updated:

1. robert1034

robert1034 New Member This Topic's Starter

In setting - manage applications -HTC Sense, it gives you the option to clear data, clear defaults and force stop. What would happen if you click all the above links? Do you think it would default to the Google UI?

Whose brave enough to try?

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I am not going to do it but I think I have read other people killing it but it restarts itself shortly there after...

Just do it. The worst that could happen would be like the final scene in Fight Club :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUaV9GZDuk

3. johnofcross

johnofcross Member

I've stopped it before using System, and basically it just restarted itself. I think rooting it is the only way to turn it off completely.

4. aydreeuhn

aydreeuhn Member

If you force stop it while you are running another launcher by default, it won't restart...unless you clear defaults for the downloaded launcher and press home again and select HTC Sense.

I just did it.

seejoshplay likes this.
  5. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Clearing HTC Sense data will just reset Sense to the defaults. You will have to reset your home screens but you will not lose any app data or applications.

This is how most FC's on Sense are cleared.

Force stop will just stop and restart it.

6. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member

just did it now while running launcher pro. hope that the world does not end... but it seems to make sense right, i don't want to run 2 launchers at the same time because it can't really use them at the same time.