HTC Sense UI widgets updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. apang

apang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to update the widgets for HTC Sense UI? I have the Incredible and someone I work with has the Evo. I only have one style for the HTC Mail widget, my friend has 3 styles.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Click the + symbol on the bottom right of the screen -> Select Widgets -> Select Get More Widgets -> Click Menu -> Select Update...

However, I do not believe there are any more mail widgets available to us...I've been running LauncherPro though, so maybe there is an update.

cdandrews likes this.
  3. apang

apang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah, I just did the update and there wasn't any for Mail.

Thanks!

4. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Question. I did this and there are a list of widgets on the update screen, NONE of which I actually have on my phone. But what do i do with that list and why are those apps there? How would I know if my current app list had updates??? They don't update automatically??

Ok 3 questions, not 1.. :eek:

Thanks for any help!!

5. jayjay1122

Those are actually HTC Widgets, not apps. The Apps that you do have installed SHOULD notify you when there is an update, however I have found that I do not always get the update notification in my notification bar as soon as they are available.

If you are curious about App Updates, go into the Market, click Menu and then Downloads. This will show the apps currently installed on your phone that you downloaded. They will either say "Installed" or "Purchased", scroll through the list, if there are any updates it will say "Update Available".

I hope this answers your question(S)! ;)

6. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

It definitely did..Except for, so those are HTC Widgets, are they on my phone already and how do I know if they're already updated?

7. jayjay1122

Yes those are HTC widgets and are available for you on the phone. Unfortunately, I cannot speak to widgets themselves being updated since I have never seen an *update* for an HTC widget. If it has happened, I have missed it.

The update button I mentioned is (as far as I know and maybe others can elaborate) simply to check for more/additional HTC Widgets, not to update the ones you already have.

Droid1215 and izzy35 like this.