HTC Sense?

Last Updated:

1. bobadopalis

bobadopalis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

first off i want to start by saying thank you to everyone in the forum that helped me root and flash a custom rom on my swish new htc desire

ive just discovered that using a wii remote with emulators wont work if you have htc sense, which i was gutted about, but if i flash to a new rom without sense what will i be missing, basically what parts are sense and what aren't? thanks

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sense us the user interface. Pretty much everything you see and touch.

You will need a nexus 1 port Rom to be completely free is it. Such as defrost

bobadopalis likes this.
  3. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

Non Sense look way different. You will lose contacts, dialer, gallery, all HTC widgets, email, sms/mms, the home screens and probably more. Some of these you will be glad the HTC version is gone, some you will want back. Since flashing a ROM is so easy, you might as well try DeFrost or CM6, see whats not there and decide if you like it or not.

4. SUroot

Yeah it took a while to get used to [DeFrost] But now, I'm not missing anything at all. In retrospect, it was more a way of doing things that I was used to. Now, I find things (especially contact management) much easier on Vanilla.

5. bobadopalis

bobadopalis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i think ill give defrost a crack at the weekend, is there any way of getting the sense widgets without a sense rom? im guessing not but if there's a workaround that would be awesome

6. SUroot

no, sense widgets are coded in such a way they only work on sense. There is no work around.