• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc site problem

LABRAT

Oct 28, 2009
Burnley UK
am i being thick?

from my phone the htc site comes up a treat.. from my laptop it refuses to load..

this is a brand new win 7 laptop, but i had the same problem on my old win vista laptop.

its starting to anoy me that i have to eather blow my data allowance by using the phone to download stuff from htc. or i have to trawl the net looking for sites hosting copies of things like htc sync. and hope the havnt been messed about with.

ive managed to get htc sync up and running on win 7 with help from here and google.

but why the hell wont the htc site load from my laptop?????

cheers.

glad its not just me..

im just trying to get ready for the new 2.1 version (when it comes out) and actually being able to download it to my laptop would be a good start..

failing this its a pint in witherspoons and download it to my phone on the free wifi. then transfering it to my laptop via usb..

Upvote 0
i am using mobile broadband on my laptop. i had considerd this might be the problem, seeming as how my mobile broadband dongle is the only comon link between the 2 diferant laptops..... i.e. i used it on both laptops.

is there a workaround?

its defo a glitch with the htc site as no other sites on my laptop fail to load or load with the mobile version of the site....

Upvote 0
dam !!!!

m1.carsons post gave me an idea.....

if the htc site does think my laptop is a phone cos of the mobile broadband, lets see if i can find a way of displaying mobile web on a laptop..

5 mins on google and i find that firefox browser has a WML plugin as an extra (Wireless Markup language)...

so i downloaded and installed firefox..... then got the WML plugin and installed that..

went to the htc site from my shiny new firefox browser.. thinking....... "fcuk im good"

result???

site still hangs and refuses to load.....

BALLS!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones