• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Smart - applications/games

Hi guys :)

Firstly I would like to say how much I've enjoyed reading the very informative and easy to read threads on here. I've only been reading about 10 minutes and am enjoying it, thanks.

Right, to the point in hand. I recently bought an HTC Smart on pay as you go ( 02's top up a tenner a month and get 300 free texts and UNLIMITED internet :) )

I thought the phone looked pretty good, and for

1. HTC phones are the best android phones (in my opinion).

2. Well they have HTC Sense. They are a biggest android supporter. They are always making better phones.

3. There is no HTC store, its just the android store and there are over 50,000 applications.

4. You can either look in my signature (apps reviews) or visit the android market and see what you like.

Hope it helps :p

Upvote 0
You could download J2ME (Java) applications. Try www.getjar.com - I have downloaded stuff onto a non Android phone from there in the past. Some of the apps work, some do not. Suggest you use your HTC Smart browser to point to that address and take it from there.

You can access the apps via the Java application on your HTC Smart I think (once you have downloaded them).

Hi, I did as you said above. But how do I find the app in my phone? I got a HTC Smart and the app work for that one, according to the webpage. I clicked on "download" and then I accept the installation, and then it installed and said "finish". But where is it in my phone?

Edit: now I found it on the Java MIDIets, and it is installed. But now, how do I use it? According to the manual I should double-click the icon to run it, but then I end up on a site (on the internet) called netbabies.in - is that really right? Still don't understand how to use my app... I feel like a real idiot :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones