HTC>SPRINT Confrim Update for Hero

Last Updated:

1. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Copied from post over at XDA:

HTC on Twitter:
    Believe it or not, I STILL can't say anything more about Eclair coming to Hero. Working as fast as we can, promise!
    2:18 PM Dec 8th from CoTweet

Sprint Admin via Sprint Community:
    We can't acknowledge an upgrade until HTC confirms one - and they're still being coy:

http://twitter.com/htc/status/6476826589

The process is:

Google -->> HTC -->> Sprint -->> You. Google is done, now HTC has to write the SenseUI overlay and test the CDMA radio. Then Sprint has to certify the update and schedule it for release.

Advertisement
  2. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

sounds good to me. im ready for an update. good find!

3. troyboytn

troyboytn Well-Known Member

We will get the update but this tweet ad responce from Sprint rep confirms nothing more than the fact more than Sprint has no clue what is going on.

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Or it's entirely possible that Sprint knows HTC is working on getting Sense on 2.0, and when HTC is done they'll send it to Sprint, and Sprint will do their part, and THEN we'll get it. When they know it's ready, we'll get it.

5. glorify

glorify Active Member

Just to throw in my .02 on this. When Windows 6.1 was released about a year and a half ago for my Q9C, Sprint was ahead of the other carriers in getting it to us. I thought they did a great job in getting it to us so quickly and I'm sure this update will be similar when ready.

By the way, I saw this yesterday on Twitter. Even though it discusses the UK version, it's still info that would cover the Sprint version.

[​IMG]

6. Sirithe

Sirithe Well-Known Member

I'm just happy to know that Sprint is paying attention. It reaffirms my belief that we will get it. Sprint wants to keep us happy, especially since theres a loophole where any Sprint customer can now leave without a fee (one of the fees is going up for .20 to .40) they need to keep their customers happy with their phones.

7. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

Far be it from me to point out the obvious but Sprint didn't confirm anything. They said HTC was being coy which tells me they don't have any answer from HTC at this point. The HTC tweet also just says Hero which may or may not include the CDMA version. Remember there's a lot more GSM Heroes out there than there are CDMA. I read the thread over at XDA as well, same exact information, and there is nothing at all that looks anything like a confirmation in either of the quoted tweets. It looks like the same thing we've seen so far. HTC: Working on the Hero 2.x but no information on CDMA specific work. Sprint: It's in HTC's hands and we know nothing. That's not confirmation as far as I can tell.

8. nick325i

Objection!

Open to speculation.

Hehe, I think because the Sprint guy even said anything it's an acknowledgement of them waiting for it from HTC. :D

9. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

It sounds like passing the responsibility buck, to me. It was just a couple weeks ago that someone had posted a quote from HTC that they were waiting on SPRINT, and now Sprint responds saying that they are waiting on HTC. While this new Sprint quote is something more people would want to hear, it is BAD NEWS as it only provides CONFLICTING information which means we know even less than before.

And to both the very top HTC quote and to GLORIFY who said "Even though it discusses the UK version, it's still info that would cover the Sprint version." - NO! They are very different phones and information regarding the GSM Hero has little to NOTHING to do with the CDMA Hero.

Extrapolating information that you WANT does not help us find out what is REAL.

10. nick325i

Source on quote from HTC saying it was waiting for sprint?

Just curious...

11. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

I'm not going to dig for quotes. I've been reading every forum and blog for the past two months. Feel free to take what I said as inaccurate hearsay just like everything else that has been posted, but I have better things to do than track it down.

12. nick325i

Maybe this one? Which would have been before the MR and was probably speaking of the MR specifically?

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/14004-htc-support-patches-waiting-sprints-approval.html

I don't think we have any conflicting info here.

13. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not, but I doubt it. I Dont remember the Megan Fox nonsense, and this was before I got my Hero, so MRs meant nothing to me. I have only been concerned with major releases, I've never been affected by MRs.

14. nick325i

Dear BrianR,
    Thank you for all of your help.

With love always,
    Megan Fox

15. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

+1

16. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Although it would be nice to get an official release of 2.0+ whatever version, and all signs point to it, i.e., the Moto Droid being updated, the early release of the ROM, more handsets being announced that will have a new version, etc., etc.

We're like 2 months IN on this Android invasion and everyone has got there skirts up waiting for the flood. Not to worry, if they don't release it I'm sure the savvy hackers out there (XDA) will delight us all and release and update incorporating the Sense UI.

If you let Google be your friend, there is much you can learn, like how the CDMA Hero OS is a ported and bandaged GSM version (may explain some of the issues). So, relax!

I will wait for a nice clean version totally set up for the CDMA Hero and enjoy the ride until I get there. If not, then I'll just root the bad boy and have some fun with the hacked ROM's.
    :eek:

Regards!
    :cool:

17. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

Doubtful the XDA boys, as good as they are, will be able to hack Sense into the stock 2.x image since the Sense source isn't available. If they get their hands on an HTC ROM to heck it might happen but it's not going to happen from the stock Android image.

18. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, (as good as they are), I think they are looking at the Sense as a challenge. From trying to keep up on progress there, it seems this OS was a mess prior to 2.x but they are working on things and have got much to work recently. Whats interesting is some of the CORE system stuff they're having a hard time with but have got all the extra stuff we would want on the update to work. lolz, my thoughts were that HTC should give em' a call and invite them over, the 2 halves would make one heck of a phone OS!
    There are many working on the GSM version, but the CDMA just doesn't get the love... hahaha, so you might be right.

Anyway...
    lolz, just my thoughts amusing me...

19. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

sprint (sprint) on Twitter
    Happy to announce Android 2.0 is coming to Sprint’s Hero & Moment. Date TBD, but roughly 1H 2010

20. king_of_hearts

king_of_hearts Member

Finally, proof. I was expecting 1Q not half though.. ugh.

21. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

well... 1Q is in 1H...so it still could happen by then..

22. nick325i

Take that, Naysayers!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

23. MinimalistChris

MinimalistChris Active Member

24. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

25. smikwily

smikwily Member