HTC Sych ManagerSupport

1. tropico

tropico New Member

First post and new to HTC so please be gentle.
    Downloaded Sych manager twice, each time on set up it stops and states cannot install HTC drivers. Running Vista with anti virus off. Tried it on the wifes Windows 7 same result.
    Is it just me or is there a problem with it. Thought about try another server (non U.K) but failed to find one so far.
    Should I connect thhe phone to the computer during set up or will I wreck my new pride and joy? (Desire C ) Could this be the reason?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello topic. Welcome to Android Forums and the C. I own a HTC phone but not the Desire C. I personally have never used any sync software with the phone so I'm not going to be any help. I just connect the phone to PC via the USB cable and drag and drop the stuff I want to common or exchange between them. I hope someone familiar with the sync software will step up with some answers for you.
    I popped in here to say hello and extend a welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here and thanks for joining the community.
    tropico likes this.
  3. tropico

tropico New Member

Thank you very much for your welcome and helpful reply.
    I am completly new to smart phones so its good to know there is such a wealth of advice available.
    Thanks again.
  4. olbriar

You are more than welcome. These forums are great for information from our helpful friendly members. I hope you enjoy your new phone and these forums can help you get acclimated.
  5. bogdy5

bogdy5 Member

here is what i did when i connected my desire c:
    1 install the sync manager
    2 plug in the phone using sync manager option in the usb meniu
    3 it auto installed the drivers (the manager detected my phone)
    4 done

if you have problems with the drivers:
    1 plug in your phone after you installed the manager
    2 rightclick on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager there should be a yellow "?" device(forgot the actual name,something with htc...)>right click it >update driver>select the auto install>next> it should install the drivers
    tropico likes this.
  6. olbriar

Hello bogdy5. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Android Forums. It's great to have you as a new member. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  7. tropico

tropico New Member

Thanks bogdy5. I was having problems with the drivers.
    Thanks to you problem now solved after following your advice.
    Cheers.