HTC Sync 2.0.33 not recognising my phone

Last Updated:

1. robo555

robo555 Active Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Sync is being really flaky when it comes to recognising my phone. I have USB debugging enabled on the phone, plug it in, then select Sync. Sometimes HTC Sync recognises it, and I can install applications to my phone from my PC, but sometimes it doesn't recognise the phone, I've tried un/reinstal HTC Sync, and rebooted the phone, makes no difference.

At the moment I can't get it to recognise the phone at all. How come it works sometimes and not other times?

Advertisement
  2. ncjharris

ncjharris Active Member

I get this too. Afraid I can't offer a solution, but I find that a combination of unplugging the USB cable into the computer and the phone in various combinations seems to work.

For what its worth, I also have the desire set to ask me what connection i want, rather than choose a default one.

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

I had this problem when using cheap usb cables I'd got from eBay. Started using a Belkin cable and haven't had a problem since.

4. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

I have just had this problem barely minutes ago, I tried the 'worked before' combination of unplugging/plugging in of the HTC usb cable but that failed to recognise the phone. Turned phone off then on again and it recognised it straight away.... Next time it plays up I will do that first.;)

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Another method that usually works is plug the cable in a different usb socket

6. robo555

robo555 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Grr, tried reinstalling/rebooting HTC Sync and the phone, nothing works, yet it was working a few days ago. Always been using the HTC USB cable that came with the phone.

Hope they fix this in HTC Sync 3.0.

EDIT: Got it to work after restarting computer