• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync 2.0.40

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
I see that HTC has posted a newer version of sync. 2.0.40, thought I let you all know

HTC Sync Update for HERO (Sprint) (2.0.40) | 06.16.2010

HTC Sync™ lets you synchronize Outlook and Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), contacts and calendar events on your PC with your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well.

HTC Sync 2.0.40

Installation Instructions:

Version: 2.0.40

Improved Functions

• Support for Outlook 2000.
  • Support for Finnish & Portuguese (Brazil)

1. Hardware Requirements (PC)
    • 1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
    • 512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
    • Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
    • 50 MB of available free hard disk space
    • USB 2.0 is required
  2. Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)
    • Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
    • Windows Vista 32-bit version
    • Windows Vista 64-bit version
    • Windows 7 32-bit version
    • Windows 7 64-bit version
  3. Installation Instructions
    • Click Download below to download “HTC_Sync_2.0.40.exe” to your PC.
    • Run “HTC_Sync_2.0.40.exe” to install it to your PC (Suggestion: Please close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync)
    • From your PC, launch HTC Sync, and use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (if the phone is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure).
    • On your phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to confirm if HTC Sync recognizes the phone.
    • The first time you synchronize the phone, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync. (If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize now on the HTC Sync screen.) After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap “Synchronize your phone with Windows” to connect to the PC
    • On your PC, follow the instructions to finish the wizard on the HTC Sync screen.

Good to know it was 2.0.33 that came out with the 2.1 update, mine does all the stuff listed but I guess I will check out the newer version.

Who knows maybe they put a security patch on that program to not allow rooting with the SW, it would not surprise me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones