• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync 2.0.8 does not start on Windows XP S3

bern

Dec 30, 2009
Finland
Dear all,

I have the following problem and I would like to get your expertise on it:

Today I installed HTC Sync 2.0.8 on my computre (in order to communicate with my HTC Hero device), and installation did not give any errors or exceptions. The OS of the computer is Windows XP SP3. I have Windows Address Book on it (Outlook express). When I try to start the application (i.e. HTC Sync), I only get an empty warning. By empy warning a mean a little OK dialog with a warning sign but no text at all! So, the program does not start. When I press the dialog, nothing happens (the dialog just disappears). Btw, I am using Avira AntiVir (Personal). Might this be the problem??

Could anyone please help me solve this mystery? Many thanks in advance and happy new year 2010!

Kind regards,
Alex

I get the exact same thing, but am running AVG not avira so don't think that's an issue. I've been getting that blank warning dialog for weeks without knowing what it was from. Guess this is not a widespread problem...

Yeah.. I still have the same problem. I tried to completely uninstall Avira, but it did not help. The problem is still there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones