HTC Sync 3.0.5422Support

Last Updated:

1. pagdodd

pagdodd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed HTC Sync 3.0

It says it can sync with my itunes for music

I have deleted all the music on my SD card in the phone ready anbd have all the music I want in my itunes library

I connect the phone and it recognising that have the space. When I click sync now I just get "an unknown error has occurred"

Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. bozzer

bozzer Active Member

Same here. Photos seems to nail it most times.

3. Trebby

Trebby Member

Same problem here. Anybody have solution yet?

4. disney_cjd

disney_cjd Member

and i am getting this on both of my music and photos. So annoying. Did any of you solve it and if so how?

Thanks

5. MikMak

MikMak New Member

I had been having the same problem. I eventually managed to get it working. In my case I am using a computer logged in on an account on a domain and the 'My Documents' folder is redirected to space on our main file server rather than a local folder. I do not think HTC Sync likes this redirect to a network drive. I don't know if any of the other users in this thread are in a similar environment or they have some other reason why the 'My Documents' folder is not stored locally but you could just try logging in as another local user and try that. It worked for me.

Good Luck

M

6. abarek

abarek New Member

First of all I apologize if this is long winded.

I'm using version 3.0.5551 and I wish the software had sync options, major flaw as far as I'm concerned.

I am a network manager and have 9 HTC EVO 4G phones implemented in my company. We have folder redirect setup for the user's "My Documents" folder which points to a UNC path. After a long day of troubleshooting the "unkown error occurred" error it turns out that the UNC path \\server name\... is the issue. I also have each user setup with a mapped drive "Z:" pointing to the the same folder. So I tried to find a way to change the UNC path to Z: with no luck until now.

I'm glad to say that I have found a "Work Around" found in this forum, Thanks to grweidla. This is NOT a FIX, c'mon HTC.

It's a pain but it worked. I could have just setup each user to mount the phones disk instead of sync and simply browse to the images on the phone for manually moving or copying images to any folder, but I thought that would be dangerous.

Here is the fix....