• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync Adminidtrator

buddy072

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Hi guys I have been using HTC Sync 3 at home with my Desire and have not noticed any problems. After getting HTC sync installed on my work laptop through our IT department (you must have administrator rights at work for all installations) I have not been able to get it to work on the work laptop. The calender and people options are not available they are shaded out. I decided to put another user account on my home computer with standard user access as an experiment to simulate what might be going on with my work computer. Well what do you know the standard user account without administrator rights does the exact same thing as my work laptop. As soon as I use my normal log in on the home PC with administrator rights it all works. Has anyone else noticed this and if they have what is the reasoning behind this? One other thing I did the same experiment with HTC Sync 2.0.33 and it worked on both users Admin and standard. Can't understand why HTC would put this in the newer version. This is a real P***Off as I use my phone for work and need to sync contacts and calenders daily.
Thanks people for your input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones