HTC Sync and system resources...

Last Updated:

1. jdwis

jdwis Active Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 19, 2010
    Recently I noticed my mouse icon was flickering from IDEAL to BUSY every 5 - 6 seconds even if I didn’t put system to do anything.

It took quite many hours to find out what was the reason, it really put me off thinking that my system is infected with Adware - Malware- Spyware or anything like that... checked every other program, including all possible malware, spyware programs but couldn’t find anything suspicious...

Finally I spotted that it was HTC Sync which was causing the mouse to flicker from ideal to busy status.. just to confirm that I removed the HTC Sync, and mouse icon remain steady - ideal.... no problems now... But no HTC Sync on system as well...

Tried checking solution everywhere.. couldn’t find it anywhere...
    I am sure and very much positive that this problem (bug with HTC Sync) does exists but may be it was not spotted by anyone... or may be only exists with some specific model or OSs...

I tested this with Win-7, and also with XP-SP2 as well (fresh installed)... the problem does exists...

The only one thread I found somewhere was this -

But no proper solutions or much of any confirmation...
    Can anyone shed some light on this if had seen this issue a bit closely...

p.s. - forgot to mention, I did try both the versions - 2.0.4 & 2.0.18

2. Zbig

Zbig Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I don't know why but pretty much every "PC Suite"-type package from various mobile phone vendors (Nokia, SE and now HTC) I tried, tend to exhibit one or more (and more often than not, all of them) of the following characteristics:
    • is freakin' bloated as for what it's supposed to do
    • takes eons to install/uninstall
    • essentially tries to "own" your PC, putting tons of stuff on disk and into the registry
    • is almost impossible to uninstall cleanly (see above)
    • uses some crude, makeshift solutions like bunches of many separate executable "helper" files or dll's thrown together to perform various functions
    Having such experiences, now I generally don't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole unless I absolutely have to. If I need some driver I do all I can to try to "hack" the driver alone out of the package.

Sorry I'm not very helpful but I just wanted to share what I think of that stuff :) I have no clue why it's like that - if the "pc suite"-type package just happens to get very lowest priority on most mobile phones manufacturers' lists or what.