HTC Sync and the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone with the Incredible already tried this? Any cool features or tips you'd like to share? I'm curious of how the tethering works (as described in the manual)

Advertisement
  2. rob316

rob316 Well-Known Member

I have the tethering plan through Verizon, no need to install HTC Sync for tethering just turn on Mobile Network and then install VZAccess Mnagare that's it.

3. 4ajd4

4ajd4 Active Member

I couldn't find the sync s/w on HTC's site for the Incredible to load onto my PC so I can get my Outlook calendar on the DI? Has anyone been able to do this?

4. douger

douger Well-Known Member

Hook up a USB cable to the phone, plug the other end into your computer. Select the option that uses the connection to view disc drives. Look at the phone's memory (not the SD card if you have one installed.) On mine, the Sync software was the bottom entry. Click on it, and it will install to your PC.

WhiskyDevil, mayerr2, greggds and 2 others like this.
  5. cubsfanintampa

cubsfanintampa New Member

Hi there,

I got my Incredible last night via FedEx...love it! One thing I haven't gotten to work yet is the HTC Sync. Thanks to @douger I got HTC Sync 2.0.5 installed. But when I connect my Incredible via USB in Sync mode, it doesn't find HTC Sync on my computer.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks,
    -aj

6. elroy jetson

elroy jetson Active Member

I am running same settings, win7, etc. I had to reboot then it found htc sync

7. ruddogg

ruddogg Well-Known Member

it's on the 8gb INTERNAL memory of your Inc. just click on it & install to your PC.

8. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

Called HTC this morning about the Sync. I was told they were not planning on installing syncing software for the Incredible. I couldn't believe that answer. She said their devices are made to sync with Gmail. I was then told to try syncing with my Eris software. It worked. If it didn't, that phone would have been returned very quickly.