HTC Sync and Windows 2000Support

Last Updated:

1. mandafly

mandafly New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought the new HTC EVO this weekend and now it's Monday and am back to work. I tried to install the HTC Sync software on my work PC (Windows 2000) and of course NO ONE uses this OS anymore, so it's not supported. Anyone have an idea on how I can sync my EVO to my work PC??? Please??? I need to have all my work information on my phone...primarily Calendar and Contacts.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide...

Advertisement
  2. krs123

krs123 Active Member

Did you find a solution to this...I have the Incredible and have the same issue at work.

3. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

I don't think you're going to find help on this issue. There's a good reason it doesn't work on Windows 2000. That O/S reached End-Of-Life six years ago and is no longer supported. You need to get PC with XP or higher and preferably with USB 2.0.

4. mandafly

mandafly New Member This Topic's Starter

If I had a choice on what OS was on my work computer, it wouldn't be Win2000. Unfortunately I don't, which is why I posted my query in the first place. I was hoping someone had a creative way to get at the data...

5. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Have you tried attaching the phone via USB in "Disk drive" mode? Windows 2000 may recognize it as a drive. At least you'd be able to manually copy files over to the phone.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to find a USB MicroSD card reader that works with Windows 2000.

6. ito.badengrish

ito.badengrish Member

Windows 2k? That's insane... good luck though. Could you try to sync your calendar events with a gmail account first? Then find a new computer to pull that info off your gmail and into your phone?

7. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

8. lembu82

lembu82 New Member

Hi, does this works?
    Please clarify as this could determine whether I going to get a Galaxy S or not.
    Thank you