HTC Sync app for IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jubz

Jubz New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm hoping that when the Incredible comes out, it will include the HTC sync app for Outlook's Calendar and Contacts. So much easier to not have to deal with Google's cloud for sync.

Didn't the HTC Droid Eris come with HTC's sync app?
    How were the features and functionality/quality of this app?
    Anyone have info if this app will be included with the Inc.?

Advertisement
  2. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

No, my Eris did not come with a CD. However a quick google search for something along the lines of "outlook sync Drid Eris" got me to an htc dowload site.

-Nkk

EDIT: Did not see your second question. I have used the app a couple of times, and it is not bad at all. I think Blackberry's sync app has a bit more functionality, and I would like to be able to set what syncs from where, buy whatever. It is adequate if you are syncing everything from Outlook. I would like it much better if it had an option to backup the phone (like the BB one).

3. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

You'll just have to download it from HTC's site and if you are on a windows computer, I heard it is awesome.

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

It works GREAT for contacts and calendar between Outlook and your phone, but if you want to move them or sync to your Google Voice/Gmail acct I think you are in for trouble without some export/import action and I have not figured it out yet. Has anyone else been able to pull data from outlook and then sync with your Gmail acct? Linux integration... is KEY. I can mount the storage but not the system so far, I'll rely on better hackers than me to root so I can look at more options.

Otherwise, this phone is PHAT in the PHREAKER sense of the word. Can't wait to resubscribe to 2600.

I neglected to mention that I did not test any Mozilla products apart from Thunderbird 3.0.4, I was solely on Windows7 x64 virtual machines and Outlook2k7.

5. ac2basis

ac2basis Well-Known Member

I used it today to sync to my inc. It worked fine. I downloaded the latest version for the HTC legend.

What I am really missing is a way to sync my outlook task list and an app to display it :(

6. ac2basis

ac2basis Well-Known Member

I used it today to sync to my inc. It worked fine. I downloaded the latest version for the HTC legend.

What I am really missing is a way to sync my outlook task list and an app to display it :(

7. alewifebp

alewifebp Well-Known Member

When you connect the Incredible to your computer, choose data storage. When you browse the phone from Windows, you will find the HTC Sync app installer.

8. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the root!

9. todduh

todduh New Member

I got my phone today and just discovered that the HTC Sync program is saved in the internal memory. Connect the phone as a disk drive and there it is. The website does not have the Incredible as one of the choices.
    I use Google rather than Outlook anyway but I will back it up before I delete it from the 8Gb memory.

supa likes this.