HTC Sync - ApplicationLauncher.exe problem

Last Updated:

1. Martincmf

Martincmf New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm Martin and have had a number of HTC products in the past and now have moved over from Windows Mobile to Android. Like the phone but the Sync Software is problematic.:mad:

Installed HCT Sync on Monday on my Widnwos XP Home edition Desktop. Worked fine, synced fine. Still mounts.

But yesterday stopped syncing even though it still mounts and still connects via the usb.

Contacted HTC this morning and spent an hour or so on the phone following their instructions. In the end they said that they cannot help as it must be something wrong with my pc.

Have uninstalled HTC Sync and reinstalled. (Trying various editions.)

Have cleared the registry using "CCleaner".

Have disabled windows startup programs. Plus various other experiments.

Nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :) Have you gone into your application settings and select development then check usb debugging??

3. Martincmf

Martincmf New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I've tried that....

The USB seems to work fine. The problem is around HTC Sync not loading properly. I can mount the Hero and read and write to the Hero from PC but I cannot load HTC SYnc itself.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

First up, welcome to Android Forums!

I'm moving this to the HTC Hero forum, Martin. Many of us have gone a few rounds with Sync and somebody will hopefully be able to assist you with this problem. If it worked previously it will work again! :)