HTC Sync ate my friends and family......Support

Last Updated:

1. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 15, 2009
    This is a warning in the hopes that you will not do something as stupid as me.

My Outlook had 1 set of contacts, I manually put contacts into the Hero. Everything they synced, odd things could sometimes happen. The latest was about 45 minutes ago when Sync ate the picture of my wife. I decided that the problem HAD to be between Outlook and Hero's contacts. I had noticed during all of my other syncs that the Hero would overwrite the bad data in Outlook for me most times, so I made a very bold decision.

I deleted all of my contact info from Outlook (I have now realized that "undo" does not work for this)

I then plugged in my phone, and told it to sync, knowing that the Hero would put all of my contact info back in.

Do you know what happens next?

The HTC Sync manager ate all of my friends and family! /sob

Because I gave my wife my BB, I deleted all the contacts from it as well, so now, well......looks like i get to start a) attempting to remember everything, and b) entering it all again by hand.

2. brandiem09

brandiem09 Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I found it easier to enter all my contacts into Google mail and they automatically sync with my phone. Just remember that the contacts you don't want to have in your phone, remove from the "my contacts" list in Google mail.

Did you happen to have the automatic contact backup through Sprint? You could try to recover them that way.

Hope this helps. Good luck.