• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync can't find Eris

After two days of trying a young lady at Verizon support instructed me to to pull out the battery, let the phone restart, open the sync program on the computer and plug the eris into a usb port other than the one I had been using. It opened up and saw the phone. I had downloaded the new sync program from Verizon (same as HTCs) and had used 64 bit Vista drivers. It may work fine with the new download drivers but since it worked, left it alone. Check you conflict settings on the computer sync program before you sync to it doesn't go from your phone to the PC and remove your outlook data. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi All. I have issues with this as well (still and it's July) and the only solution I've found is below...

symptoms: once the driver/software is installed, sync and disk drive mode worked the firsrt time it was mounted. when PC was rebooted, sync and disk drive mode fails with the following: USB Device Not Recognized (when clicked on, Unknown Device appears in the USB Root Hub)..

resolution: reinstall htc software/drivers again, and it works. till a reboot or sometimes when you remount or resync same day.

Specs:
HTC Sync, version: 2.0.33
Hardware:
Hardware: 0002
Firmware: 2.1 (came standard)
Baseband: 2.42.00.04.12
Kernel: 2.6.29-8a03cb9a / htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Build: 2.36.605.1 CL165907 release-keys
Software: 2.36.605.1
Browser: Webkit 3.1
PRI: 2.11_002
PRL: 51919
ERI: 3

SEMI RESOLVED: I did just notice (why now? i dunno) that this was from the USB root hub on my monitor (DELL 1908FP w/USB2.0x3).. when mounted directly on a USB port on the PC, it worked! [but why would the hub work 1st time, then fail consecutively?] USB software bug I still say...

Upvote 0
i had the same problem with my droid eris as well i googled the problem and found this thread and it struck my interest that so many people had the same problem with this phone... i tried some of the methods you guys had and none of them worked so i figured what can i hurt if i try them all at once... i will include a list of all of the steps i took and you see if your results are as good as mine.:D

1. uninstall all htc applictions from your pc
2. remove phone battery
3. run a disk defragmenter and disk cleanup
4. go to this site
Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones & HTC Smart
and download this htc sync app making sure you follow every step very carefully. (you may also want to close down all other running accounts and processes except for the internet with instructions on it in case you get lost in setup... i foud that this installation is very touchy as it froze on me 3 times...) this install took somewhere around 10 minutes for me so try not to rush it to much.
5. go to the popup tab in the bottom left hand side f your screen and search htc sync and run it from there
6. put your battery back in your phone and power it all the way on before connecting to the pc
7. while htc sync program is up on your screen plug in your phone and wait for sync to reconize your phone (when i did this it didnt recognize my phone for a good 5 minutes but dont worry let it set there and it will eventually) then name your phone and chose what to sync...

i did it in those 7 easy steps i sure hope i have helped all of you!:D please if you have any questions feel free to ask

Reactions: fiyamedic
Upvote 0
Ok, so for the last 4 months of trying everything I could to sync...nothing. Until today! I followed the directions posted and to my surprise,I'm back and synced to my computer. Believe me, I tried just about everything under the sun and this works. Why? I have no idea but then again it doesn't matter. My computer recognizes the Eris, it synced, and I'm just glad it is working again. Thanks for the info and help, I hope others have the same results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones