HTC sync deleting Outlook contacts

Last Updated:

1. A1Dan

A1Dan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I got HTC Sync set-up to sync up my outlook calendar and contacts. ran it through, and other than truncating address fields to 25 chars, it all worked fine.
    But then I ran it again, to cehck it was all ok giong forwards (ie expecting no updates), and it:
    1. Deleted 32 of my 200 contacts (seemingly at random) from Outlook - left them on the phone. If I manually replace them oon Outlook then duplicates are created on the phone on next sync.
    2. Altered 3 recurring appointments (birthdays, 3 out of about 40 in my calendar) in Outlook so that instead of running from midnight to midnight (ie all day events) they run from 23:00 to 23:00, and hence show up over two days.
    3. Claimed to have updated a handful more contacts, though I can't see what may have changed.
    Anybody got a clue as to the cause of any of this and how to avoid?

Number 2 is particularly odd. I'm guessing it's something to do with daylight saving, but why only 3 of 40? I've checked the settings against other non-affected appointments, and can see no difference!

Advertisement
  2. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

I have to say HTC Sync is pretty buggy. Have you tried the latest 2.0.18 version?

3. A1Dan

A1Dan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, that's the one I've got installed.

The last couple of updates dont seem to mention minor issues like "screws your data up", but are more to do with getting it to install on Windows 7 and stuff!

To be fair, I've done a couple of syncs today, and all is OK. Har to trust it though, will have to keep a close eye on the report each time!

4. dustwoman

dustwoman New Member

I installed HTC Sync and have managed to get it to sync twice. At this point, the birthdays in my PC Outlook AND on my Eris are a day early. HTC tech said, "The damage is done and can't be undone. Go into Outlook and manually fix all the birthdays." They seemed to know it was an issue. I also have dupe birthdays on my Eris, now.