HTC Sync - Disconnected

Last Updated:

1. malbon

malbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have HTC Sync on my PC and suddenly its not auto-syncing when I connect my phone.

Opening it up on my PC and it just says Disconnected, similiarly through the Hero.

Can't think its anything to do with anti-virus etc. as I synced a week ago with my works PC (Outlook calendar)

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem, which I think was because I was killing "PC Sync" in Taskiller.

3. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

Yes! That was the same problem I came across and get rid of all those task managers. I felt task managers are useless after reading several threads here.

4. kjames

kjames New Member

I'm having the same issues when attempting to sync. My Pc states "disconnected" all the time, even though I've connected my Hero via usb. When on HTC site and updated to latest version of sync software, still have same issues. Anyone have other possible fixes other than the ones already posted? Thanks.

5. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

We need to drag down the notification bar and select the Sync option.

6. Perihelion

Perihelion Well-Known Member

This also happened to me when I used a less than perfect cable that worked with everything else. Try another cable...

7. mr29rose

mr29rose Well-Known Member

yeah whats up! i expect it to auto sync each time i connect it to my desktop dual cradle which is connected to my computer. everytime i need to manually sync it.

i also assume it will only sync the one time you connect it so if you make any more changes you have to manually sync it again right? its not like activsync where it autoatically syncs each time you make a change while its connected right?

8. stewjo

stewjo New Member

Problem probably rectified by now, but if not! I had exactly the same issue when I tried to sync to a second PC. After much head scratching I turned off the Hero (and removed the battery) Duh!! why did I not do that right away - anyway after powering back up and re-connecting viola, problem solved. Also check if the notification screen on the Hero "asks" you to manualy start the syncing process - select this option.