• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync does not find phone with Froyo 2.2

chrisnotton

Jun 16, 2010
Hi All,

I installed 2.2 (2.6.32.15) with an ota update (T-Mob. branded, connected via Orange).
Everything seems to work ok but HTC Sync doesn't find the phone. I can mount it as a disc-drive o.k. but Sync says "no device connected"

I have re-installed & re-started eveything but no go! It worked o.k. before.

Anyone got any clues?

Pip pip

Hi All,

I installed 2.2 (2.6.32.15) with an ota update (T-Mob. branded, connected via Orange).
Everything seems to work ok but HTC Sync doesn't find the phone. I can mount it as a disc-drive o.k. but Sync says "no device connected"

I have re-installed & re-started eveything but no go! It worked o.k. before.

Anyone got any clues?

Pip pip

Solution found here:
http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/64808-htc-sync-cant-find-my-phone.html
I did search but it wasn't until I started looking myself that I found it Doh! :eek:

Upvote 0
Thank guys for this forum, I replied here, but actually found the working solution for me in a "linked" entry above.
It simply said to unplug htc, and start htc sync. then plug phone (via usb) again. and all worked well. nil need to play with firewall.
Earlier on I was prompted to install update to htc sync, but this only found that my installed version was actually newer than the one d/ld!

Upvote 0
Sounds silly but my son pointed out to me that he had experienced the same problems "no device connected" as myself until he connected to a motherboard USB socket on the back of his PC rather than one indiectly connected at the front. Sounds daft but same solution worked for me. Am running Win 7 64bit and my phone is an HTC Desire.

Upvote 0
Sounds silly but my son pointed out to me that he had experienced the same problems "no device connected" as myself until he connected to a motherboard USB socket on the back of his PC rather than one indiectly connected at the front. Sounds daft but same solution worked for me. Am running Win 7 64bit and my phone is an HTC Desire.

Nope. Not silly at all. The back USB ports are generally more powerful and better than front usb ports

Upvote 0

Hi ppl
after hours of trying everything else after reading some threads i simply turned my phone off then back on again and all was well in the world. now i'm going to go kick myself for awhile for being such a dingbat. hope this helps some of you :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Also, a very simple solution to try...

Make sure your phone's USB setting is changed from "Charge Only" to "HTC Sync" (pull down the notifications window, click on the USB Symbol, and change the bullet to "HTC Sync").

Worked for me, and the "no device connected" message changed into options for what to sync, when to sync, etc.

Thank you for this; I've been trying all other tips above, but then noticed that after restarting and reconnecting the Desire not only did the option to choose the connection type appear, but in addition to 'highlighting' the green selected button, the choice of pressing on 'Done' also appeared. (Previously after selecting the green button I'd closed the page.) Sounds a bit simple, but then again its often the simple things that catch us out as we frantically download new installs, copy and paste files every which way etc! Anyways, my Desire is now syncing perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones