htc Sync fails

Last Updated:

1. KB2

KB2 Member This Topic's Starter

hello all

have had no issues at all with the phone since i have owned it, but this morning it has decided it no longer wants to syncronize with my windows 7 ultimate installation. has been syncing fine daily for 2 weeks

i select the sync option on the handset, it sits for 1min "finding htc sync on your pc".

then get error "unable to find htc sync on your pc. please make sure sync is installed and opend on your computer" etc

htc sync is running and open, and the device is not mounted by default.

its not a usb connection error, as i can mount the disk drive and copy files etc. so suspect drivers are ok

i first made sure i was running latest version of the htc sync software, by downloading the latest and installing again. (i havent removed and clean installed yet) 2.0.33

i also rebooted the device by removing the battery

i do also sync with an xp machine, so i will give this a try later, i suspect it will work, my money is on it being a PC issue rather than handset. although cannot think what has changed over the weekend to effect this!

hoping someone else out there has maybe come across this and resolved
    thanks

kb

Advertisement
  2. KB2

just to confirm that this does still work correctly with my xp machine
    so it must be something to do with my install on windows 7
    have now un-installed it completely and installed from scratch, but still not working
    ive also logged in as local admin, again still doesnt work

*sigh* not sure where else to look

3. KB2

well my laptop hard disk decided to fail, so have now had to install o/s etc from scratch
    i guess it is possible the issues i had with this were related to my faulty drive, it wasnt the only program that was playing up before it went tits up

guess ill never know for sure, unless it happens again

kb