• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc sync HELP PLEASE

Hendoe

Feb 10, 2012
ok so i have been looking high and low for a htc sync that works on wildfire s on metro pcs network.. i have d.l like 10 different versions i have deleted them as they don't work i looked for the driver download site and nothing works i am using windows ultimate 7 x64 PLEASE HELP MEEEE i need the sync to work so i can root

Any version will work.

1. Install HTC Sync

2. Open task manager in Windows and kill HTC Sync as all you need are the drivers. The program itself can cause conflicts.

3. Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable.

4. Select "Charge only" mode on the phone and make sure that USB debugging is enabled by selecting Settings / Applications / Development / USB debugging.

ADB commands will now work.

Upvote 0
so all i need are the drivers? my computer recognizes the android device that is connected. but on the HTC sync it says no device.. but if i set the phone to charge only the sync will pick it up? and would i have to set the phone to the same settings in order to obtain root access? sorry if i have been asking alot of questions but i gotta make sure .. thanks for all the help cafe
Any version will work.

1. Install HTC Sync

2. Open task manager in Windows and kill HTC Sync as all you need are the drivers. The program itself can cause conflicts.

3. Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable.

4. Select "Charge only" mode on the phone and make sure that USB debugging is enabled by selecting Settings / Applications / Development / USB debugging.

ADB commands will now work.

Upvote 0
so all i need are the drivers? my computer recognizes the android device that is connected. but on the HTC sync it says no device.. but if i set the phone to charge only the sync will pick it up? and would i have to set the phone to the same settings in order to obtain root access? sorry if i have been asking alot of questions but i gotta make sure .. thanks for all the help cafe
Yes, yes and yes. :)

Once you do all that and open a command prompt, type "ADB DEVICES" and you'll see a string for your phone. You're ready to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones